Author Topic: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II  (Read 13865 times)

Offline Checkers67

Re: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2012, 12:19:00 AM »
Vibes are real at WnW. So what's next?! A Phonix D.I, D.II or D.III? How bout a Oeffag Albie?
Thamk you for a perfect Christmas.
 :) Steve

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2012, 02:02:19 AM »
I would be thrilled with any of those, Steve!  The OEFFAG Albie would be very dangerous to my wallet/budget, however, as there are only about a dozen or so A-H schemes I want to do for that one!  :o :o

Regards,

Bob

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 03:20:29 AM »
I too would be pretty fast to pull the trigger on that one if it surfaced!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2012, 12:40:35 AM »
The A-H schemes are so unique and original. Just dying to have one in 1/32!  8) Steve

Offline AROTH

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »
My Hannover arrived today.......sweet!!!

Offline JastaB

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2012, 05:28:45 AM »
I received my Hannover  yesterday afternoon and  the kit is beautiful! I have never seen a plastic kit that fits so well that when you dry fit the fuselage or the wing halves together the seams disappear...completely! Also the small parts are so fine and delicate and flash free. Wing Nut Wings keep raising the bar for quality, innovation and their ground breaking efforts producing kits that have never been modeled in 1/32nd scale.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2012, 04:40:08 AM »
Hello all:

I got delivery confirmation on 11 December and got the kit today 14 December in Minneapolis Minnesota.  Talk (write) about speedy Delivery!!  It is a beautiful kit of a neat airplane.  Thanks WNW for this.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2012, 06:35:24 AM »
 :) Hi all from Germany,  :)
ordered my Hannover on Dec. 1st, it was being shipped on Dec. 7th, arrived at German customs on Dec. 18th and (LUCKY ME !) today - after having payed the usual tax- amount, I HELD IT IN MY HANDS!  :) A boyhood-dream has finally come true. Thank you, Wingnut Wings!
Richard

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2012, 06:50:06 AM »
Richard, I am pleased to hear that a boyhood dream has been fulfilled at last!  I find that notion very satisfying.  :) 

It seems as we get older, at least for me, the pull of those early influences and wishes becomes ever stronger.  I really like the Hannover as well, and look forward to building it eventually, but for me the old dream was the Gotha.  As a child I had an American Heritage volume on Word War One that had a section subtitled "The War in the Air."  That section included a beautiful full page painting of a flight of white Gotha bombers attacking London.  For whatever reason, I never got the old Aurora 1/48 Gotha kit back in the 60s, so the WNW Gotha was a real thrill for me.  It will definately have to be a white scheme when I have a go at it. 

Enjoy that Hannover Richard!

Regards,

Bob     

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2012, 08:27:48 PM »
Thank you very much, Bob! Well isn't it so that in the end we all live on our childhood-dreams? (At least we boys do..)
One last thought out of topic (but is it?): You probably know the phenomenon of reappearing dreams: I only have a few of those, but one of them is me in one of my childhood's toyshops stumbling upon a model-kit of a plane, I didn't know before, and I am so excited that I wake up with a happy smile on my face that lasts for the rest of the day...
Happy Holidays - and some sweet dreams come true!
Richard

Offline eclarson

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
The A-H schemes are so unique and original. Just dying to have one in 1/32!  8) Steve

Speaking of A-H schemes, I just got Osprey's new Austro-Hungarian Albatros Aces book in the mail today.  Lots of cool schemes in the color profile section!

http://www.amazon.com/Austro-Hungarian-Albatros-Aces-World-Aircraft/dp/1849087474

Cheers,
Eric

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2012, 01:30:05 PM »
This is the book I mentioned previously from my childhood.  That's Douglas McCampbell in a Nieuport 28 about to shoot down a Rumpler, on the cover:

Here is the Gotha painting:

It's interesting to me how these items were so influential in my youth.  Perhaps I'll continue this thought over in Time to Relax.

Regards,

Bob

Offline mgunns

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2012, 02:10:38 AM »
Is there a similarity here?

Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2012, 04:30:35 AM »
Hi Bob, hi all,
hope you all spend some beautiful holiday-days! 8)
So here's what made the seven year old boy then, way back when, a Hannover-fan. I was ill, had to stay in bed for some days and read the autobiography of Hans Baur, Hitler's former pilot. Well, I didn't get far, but I really enjoyed the pages that deal wit Baur as a very young pilot close to the end of WW1. The other book I had with me in bed was the Airfix-catalogue, and there they were, the Hannover and the SPADs, which I had just read of in Baur's book.. wonderful! (And it was also then, whe I fell in love with the Roland C.II - another wish right from my heart towards WNW...)

oooooooooooooooooooooooogh, I'll have to scan the pages a little bigger - sorry!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:32:48 AM by rhwinter »

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2012, 05:17:18 AM »
Very cool story!  Thanks for sharing Richard.  :)  I'm right there with you on the Roland C.II.  WNW is bound to do it some day.  For now, the Gotha and the Hannover will keep me busy.  ;D  I just love that biplane horizontal stabilizer!

Regards,

Bob