Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
What's New / Re: The Nieuports are Coming!! The Nieuports are Coming!!
« Last post by enathan on Today at 09:56:32 AM »
Warren, Modelimex in the Czech Republic is a good sourse for KP kits. It sometimes takes Petr some time to stock new kits but he is reliable, his prices are reasonable and the shipping costs from CZ are relatively cheap.
https://www.modelimex.com/
Looking forward to all of these.
Here is my contribution to the memory of David. Once again, blue skies my friend!

Under Construction / Re: AMC DH.9 Spetsai (1/32, Wingnut Wings)
« Last post by PrzemoL on Today at 09:28:48 AM »
Even more close...
Now just the engine connections, propeller, windshields and Scarff with Lewis are missing.

Your Introduction / Hello from former New Englander now in Gulf Coast FL
« Last post by Bowman on Today at 09:25:55 AM »
I have only done maybe 2 biplanes in my career starting in 1963 back in the great Bay State of Massachusetts. I am now retired but hoping to escape back home to MA. Hoping to pick up some tips on rigging, most of my modelling has been on early Cold War jets with a smathering of WWII fighters and a few NSACARs. Seems like a decent site!
What's New / Re: The Nieuports are Coming!! The Nieuports are Coming!!
« Last post by WD on Today at 08:53:18 AM »
I will have to find a good plastic pusher to source these.

Normally I'd rely on Hannants, but an order I placed with them at the end of March, shipped on 1 April, arrived at Customs in Chicago on 4 April, and was then promptly shipped to Manila, P.I. where they have languished since the 8th of April. Hannants said they'd get it sorted, but in the last three weeks they haven't.  :(

Between these and the Eduard Albatros D.III I'm going to be broke.

Warren
Completed models / Re: KP Sopwith Dolphin 1/72
« Last post by djuggie on Today at 08:27:49 AM »
Very, very nice model.  KP kits are not the easiest kits to build.  I thought the prop was spinning so fast that I could not see it.  Excellent work, and, of course, in the proper scale.

Dennis
A fine choice of subject Paul! I did this particular aircraft in 1/48 a while ago (I left the cowling on... laziness or forgetfulness... can't remember which!)

https://bradsmodels.squarespace.com/models#/148-pfalz-diii-eduard/

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers

BC
KP intend on releasing these kits, and their new Moraine A.I, at the upcoming Zagreb model show this month (https://kup-zagreb.com/pages_en/index_en.html).

It is great news for the small scale fans! ;D

Cheers

BC
Completed models / KP Sopwith Dolphin 1/72
« Last post by torbiorn on Today at 06:34:57 AM »
This one is only *almost* completed, posting it prematurely in the hope that it will fool the modelling gods to let me find the propeller.

It is KP’s boxing with the shark mouth - the shark mouth decal is quite far off in terms of size that I decided to skip it. At some point the plane must not have had it I suppose.

There’s quite a lot to do on this kit. If I remember it all:
-Opening lots of vent and/or access holes
-Replaced the seat witha Barracuda resin wicker sear
-Rest of cockpit scratchbuilt
-Replaced the cabane struts, which are way too thick. Soldered a roll cage from brass instead
-Interplane struts are also too thick. Inner and outer pairs are not supposed to be identical either. Started with the kit struts and carved and carved
-All guns replaced from the spares box
-Wind shied from acetate: gunsight from metal tube
-Replaced various clunky stuff (radiator, engine pieces)

Painted with Vallejo colours, except AK interactive PC12, which I used mixed with olive drab and Dark earth (71029?) to get some brownish-looking PC10. The battleship grey is Light Gray mixed with pale blue grey.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10