Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Completed models / Re: wnw albatross
« Last post by macsporran on May 08, 2024, 05:12:50 PM »
Great wood and metal effects. Lovely result.
Sandy
....  and successfully carried over the line!

After all the trials and tribulations, you've wrestled a lovely model out of a series of disasters.
Nicely done.
Sandy
I'm sorry, Drooling Bulldog??? Is that a company, or actually part of the name of the color?

And this is an absolutely beautiful model... I'm in awe of your abilities, and those of the other 1:144 magicians that seem to be making their presence felt here on the Forum.

Dutch
Many thanks for your generous comments, gentlemen!

Dutch: Drooling Bulldog is a company specializing on selling WWI paints. I really love them due to their super fine pigment allowing for very subtle airbrush tricks. E. g. the preshading on Mark IV was done using highly thinnes Drooling Bulldog Umbraun with Iwatta 0.15 nozzle. On top, they are lacquer based so they work well with Mr. Color. Last but not least, they are idiot proof, which comes in handy in my case. :)

In a nuthsell, best paints I have ever worked with.

As to the company name - the owner is a friend of mine and named the brand after his fellow english bulldog Bernie. As the both of us are non-native speakers, we only found out the connotation later. :)

Cheers

Ondra
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / 1/32 WNW Sopwith Triplane or ?
« Last post by Petie2nd on May 08, 2024, 12:20:58 PM »
I haven't been very active in here for a very long time, for various reasons. I was saddened to hear of Dave's passing. He did an incredible job of keeping the Forum going in the spirit that Des intended. I am sure that Brad and the other moderators will continue in the spirit that they created.

This post is a bit of a placeholder,as well as a test to try uploading photos from Flickr. Here is the current state of the kit:

DSC05341 by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

DSC05345 by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

I guess it works! The 5 bags are sealed. On the sprue that isn't bagged, I had cut one pair of engine side panels off the tree. I had wanted to check an idea I had about modifying the inspection panels on both Pups and Tripes, but never did anything with it.

I have the Pheon decals. I have decided I would like to do Flt. Lt C.D. Booker's "Maud", N5482. I will use some of the Pheon markings, but never really cared for the original zig-zag stripes. My idea of this particular Tripe changed the first time I saw this book cover, and the profile inside:

DSC05352a by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

DSC05350a by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

I also have the HGW full set for the Triplane, but did not get it in the photos.

All that said, I need to try to complete a project that is very personal to me. I had planned to build a particular subject for many years, but only recently found out about a new conversion set that would actually make it much simpler. It is my own memorial tribute to my late father. This is why the Tripe (or something else, hence the "?" in the title) has to wait for a bit.

I will keep checking in to follow all of your tributes to Dave and this great community that Des built. I hope I will get a chance to join in with my humble efforts.

Pete
« Last post by Davos522 on May 08, 2024, 10:08:15 AM »
Great build... that plywood is particularly effective. Is it painted, or decal, or what?

Dutch
Under Construction / Re: Encore/Roden SE5a McCudden 56 sq.. Phoenix thrice Risen
« Last post by RAGIII on May 08, 2024, 09:12:19 AM »
This thread has been pure joy to follow, many thanks for sharing your work!

Excellent job all around!

Cheers

Ondra

Thanks Ondra! This is the Last one for the Under Construction Thread....I Promise  ;D Oils and a Final clear coat.
RAGIII

Completed models / Re: Pegasus Collection-Central Powers
« Last post by WD on May 08, 2024, 08:58:22 AM »
I can't see the photos any more, is it just me?  :(

I can still see them fine. Running Firefox on a PC.

Warren
« Last post by enathan on May 08, 2024, 07:02:13 AM »
I can't see the photos any more, is it just me?  :(
« Last post by PrzemoL on May 08, 2024, 07:02:04 AM »
Neat.
« Last post by Flamingo on May 08, 2024, 06:51:51 AM »
Very nice collection, thank you for showing!
Joachim
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10