Author Topic: Hobby Craft Sopwith Camel  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Barrie

Re: Hobby Craft Sopwith Camel
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 11:05:30 PM »
Outstanding build and finish.
Mick

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 12:58:17 AM »
Hi Tug,
I really like how your Camel turned out. Lovely job - especially that cockpit area!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:27 AM »

Nick T - nice to hear from you (did you spot the three of us in Mod Air Int? )

Mick - Thanks, I'll bring it to the next club night. How about popping some pics up on here of that gorgeous DFW - the guys here would love to see it I'm sure  ;)

Thanks too Gary - your comment is much appreciated

It's been another windy and tiring sailing day - cold but great fun but a good session in the warm on the Nieuport is on the cards for tomorrow  ;)

Regards - Tug

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »
 Tug,
Salute she's nothing short of Awesome my old friend. Masterful in construction,details and finish. Not to mention outstanding engineering and problem solving as well. This project should serve as an example to all that you don't have to have a high dollar kit t turn out an Outstanding Masterpiece. Well Done Tug.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Wackyracer

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 06:59:15 PM »
Crackin build Tug, hope to see it in the fleash one day. Won't be at Peterborough show as I foun out it clashes with a modelling day in Grantham with Jamie Haggo I'm booke into.

Aaron

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 02:00:59 AM »
Hello Tug - again! ;)

Well, once again - who needs Camel from WNW when you can get these results with Hobby craft ;) Stunning aircraft you made there! ;)

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 05:45:47 AM »
What a beautiful piece of work, Tug. I love how you've captured the wood effect and so many of the small details.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline NickT

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »

Nick T - nice to hear from you (did you spot the three of us in Mod Air Int? )

Mick - Thanks, I'll bring it to the next club night. How about popping some pics up on here of that gorgeous DFW - the guys here would love to see it I'm sure  ;)

Thanks too Gary - your comment is much appreciated

It's been another windy and tiring sailing day - cold but great fun but a good session in the warm on the Nieuport is on the cards for tomorrow  ;)

Regards - Tug

Tug,

must have missed it. I looked and couldn't find it, maybe it was in last month's issue.

Congrats again on the Camel

Nick

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 09:05:34 AM »
Thanks for looking in guys - nice to hear from you Gregory, Lukas and Nigel  - much appreciated  :)

Aaron, Thanks to you too. Shame about PB however, I will be at the Downham show and I may possibly get to St Ives this year too. The Camel won't be coming though as I feel it's probably not up to the usual transporting about. The two club nights are about all it will get I'm afraid.

Regards Tug

Nick - just had your post pop up.  It was in the issue with the first coverage of Telford. It's the big intro pic of the hall you were in - we're virtually right in the centre deep in conversation about something or other ;)

Offline Gerg

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 06:00:19 PM »
Tug, I can only echo what others have said. That is a very sweet build you have there. Something to be proud of. You can tell that you put a lot of thought and work into every aspect of your building. Thanks for sharing it. I know we will all benefit.
Greg
“Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 07:38:01 PM »
Thanks for those kind comments Greg  :)

Sharing is what it it should all be about as learning from others with more skill and helping those with less is something we can all do no matter what level we are at as individuals. I've had several different hobbies throughout my life but this aspect seems none more so than in this one of scale modelling.

At our Oulton Broad club nights we take models each month, sit round a large table like a big family and, one by one, discuss the models and the techniques involved in building them. To see the way over the years that skills have improved for all of us from such discussions is obvious and very rewarding. Such a friendly forum like this however takes that pleasure another step forward. 

Long may it all continue  :)

Kind Regards - Tug
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:58:22 AM by Suffolk Lad »