Author Topic: WNW Felixstowes now available  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: WNW Felixstowes now available
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 11:33:17 AM »
Not something I will be picking up , I have Rodens Felix , already build flashbacks W-29 and have Copper States W-12 . Still though I'm very excited for you guy's  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
"Coupe or Convertible?"  Went with the Coupe.   ;D

WarrenD

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 12:53:20 PM »
Now that they've resurrected the W.29 with teh "Duelist" boxing, I wonder if they'll do the same with the R.E.8?  Now, that one I'll pick up. I sure didn't expect it to sell out as soon as it did.

Warren

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 01:08:45 PM »
So....after looking at both F'stowes instructions and decals, it appears that it is up to the builder to create the really splashy markings. Has some one found anything to the contrary? For the iconic and bold markings on both versions, I see no decals, no masks, no patterns and not even profiles of both sides of the fuselage/hulls. How then are we to knowledgeably recreate the stripes, and or dazzle patterns accurately?

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline eclarson

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 01:17:21 PM »
So....after looking at both F'stowes instructions and decals, it appears that it is up to the builder to create the really splashy markings. Has some one found anything to the contrary? For the iconic and bold markings on both versions, I see no decals, no masks, no patterns and not even profiles of both sides of the fuselage/hulls. How then are we to knowledgeably recreate the stripes, and or dazzle patterns accurately?

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

I too was a little puzzled by the lack of profile views although for at least the early striped scheme the pattern would probably be the same on both sides.  I want to do the black and white early version and found it interesting that the starboard side pattern was based on a sketch as no photograph exists for it.  Speculative at best!  I had hoped black decals would have been provided for the patterns.  That thing will be a bear to mask by hand.  Maybe someone like Montex will come out with a mask set.  Or would Pheon consider tackling that as a decal project? 

Cheers,
Eric

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »
So....after looking at both F'stowes instructions and decals, it appears that it is up to the builder to create the really splashy markings.

What am I missing?

A couple rolls of Tamiya tape? ;)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »
So....after looking at both F'stowes instructions and decals, it appears that it is up to the builder to create the really splashy markings.

What am I missing?

We are modelers after all.  I can live with the idea of having to mask off the "dazzle" schemes.
Honor Necessity

Offline eclarson

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »

What am I missing?

LOL!  I was thinking that too.  And a good supply of #11 blades.  :-)

Eric

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »
I was only kidding about the 'dogfight double' in an earlier post. Must be psychic or something.

Everything too expensive for me though.

Cheers

Graham

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 04:12:20 PM »
Hello to all,
It's a marvellous Christmas surprise !!
Sure, I'll buy the Felixstowes !! Perhaps, the Duellist. W29 price will be cheaper on Ebay...  ;D
For masking, in France, we have that:
http://www.vanillajoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/silhouettea.jpg
I bought it with a group of friends (about 200 €) and it's very efficient. Software is free. We use oromask. For example, on my red Pfalz DXII, no transfert, only masks done with this machine.
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »

What am I missing?

We are modelers after all.  I can live with the idea of having to mask off the "dazzle" schemes.

I agree, looking at the planking under the hull, getting decals to settle would be a challenge.  Masking much the same, but at least we can mask/unmask until we are ready to spray...

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »
Going to bed last night with the pillow-reading - the newest Windsock International issue with a 2-page first glimpse impressions on WNW Felixstowe by Ray, I had the feeiling something must happen this night in the WNW website. And behold! Felixstowes are on! So I have just ordered the late version. Now it is time to study the instructions!!!! I am soooo overjoyed!!!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline miecio52

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »
I sell some of my models 1/48, and buy an early version of my beloved Felixstowe and maybe someday providence will send in 1/32 capronni Voisin and CA3 ;)
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

Offline Flip Hendrickx

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
Took an deep breath and ordered the Duelist kit this morning....   ;)

Next step: explain to the misses  :o

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »
Flip, if I did that, I wouldn't have a missus! ;D  Too rich
for my blood though.  Especially when I think I could
get 2 two-seaters and a scout for that price.  As Terri
said, I'm happy for everyone who is grabbing the big bird. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...