Author Topic: Wanted  (Read 935 times)

Offline jknaus

Wanted
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:34:55 AM »
I'm looking for a Hansa Brandenburgh W.29 and a RE.8 by WNW. If you have one at a reasonable price you want to get rid of I'd be happy to oblige. I have to be honest though that I would probably draw the line at 30% over listed price plus shipping. Going from what I have seen I'm probably not going to be that lucky after seeing the unbelievable prices that have been asked on ebay, but I have to try.
James

Offline jknaus

Re: Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 03:00:52 AM »
Kind of figured I was dreaming. :(
James

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 04:38:20 AM »
Market economics 101 at work. Scarcity increases value. Clearly the OOP kits are worth the high prices because people are prepared to pay them
I suggest you set up a search alert and ebay will notify you every time one pops up. Sometimes you get lucky when somebody misspells their listing and hardly anyone sees it. That happened to me with a Meikraft Caproni kit which I got for ~30% of the 'market' value
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »
Thanks. Have been keeping an eye out. I just cant justify paying 3 or 4 or more times the price of a kit.
James

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:18:05 PM »
I am certain it will be re-issued in the Deluxe range, if the Deluxe range gets off the ground. And it will include Christianson's markings, which were on the original box-art and then subsequently amended. Only needs patience  ;)
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

mike in calif

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
Funny thing, that "patience". We ought to have it, given the nature of our chosen hobby; any hobby for that matter, yet I can sure get in a dither about kits, bits, and books.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »
You would think after all my service time I would be used to Hurry Up and Wait, but that virtue still eludes me :)
James