Author Topic: A Bit of a Hello, After Long Abscence  (Read 1500 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: A Bit of a Hello, After Long Abscence
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 01:51:58 AM »
Welcome back OM, you have been missed. I too had wondered where you had been. Priority number one is to help your wife - she after all is irreplaceable whereas models can be built again or rebuilt. I caught pneumonia in SE Asia many years ago and found myself in hospital and would not wish the experience on anyone. I was relieved and pleased to read that she is almost well again. I do hope that she makes a complete recovery soon.

I am looking forward very much to your next scratch build - then I can learn some more tricks in this hobby.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 01:55:28 AM »
QUOTE:  "By the way, I thought I was the Old Man".

What about me, that's what I thought too! :-\ OK, who is our most Senior member? (or as some Asian Cultures believe, WISEST!) ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Interesting question, Lance. Maybe you should start a poll? Or is that too personal to ask our ages?

George

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 05:38:47 AM »
George,
    Age can be entered on our Profiles, but I've noticed not many do enter it. More then age I often wonder where Members reside and that info too is usually omitted. My comment on "wisdom" as related to age came from a medical appointment a while back, I complained about getting too damned old to which my Doc replied, "in my culture we wouldn't refer to you as being older, rather you are wiser"! I told her to keep up the good work!!
   I just wondered if I was the smartest old wise one here!! :D
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 02:34:03 PM »
i had wondered why i have not seen you around for a bit. but you have often come and gone for periods of time. good luck and i hope your situation improves. i look forward to seeing your next scratch built project.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »
  Old Man,
Welcome back my old friend. I'm more than glad to hear your Misses is doing much better.I'll say pray for her and you as well as I know all this wasn't a piece of cake for you either. I know my wife felt much as you did when taking care of me. Best Wishes and Excellent Health to you both my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Old Man

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 08:02:52 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words and concern. I should probably stop being surprised by what a friendly place this is.

I am getting in more and more bench time, as improvement continues. What put her in has been remedied for a while, most of the convalescence has owed to a sizeable pressure ulcer she picked up while in the ICU. That has dwindled considerably, down to perhaps a tenth or less its original size after the debridement. It does not hurt and does not interfere with her movement, or even with sitting. Even changing the dressings has become not much of a chore.

I picked up a few kits while she was away, simple items, but could not really concentrate: more of an alternative to staring at walls while home than anything. I have been finishing them up, though, and had projects on the hob abandoned when things got wonky, which I would also like to get back to.

But I am looking forward to doing one from scratch --- that would mean normalcy returned.....

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
Glad that you're back, Old Man! I'm on a bit of a return flight, too!
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 01:30:01 AM »
OM,

Good to see you back!

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?