Author Topic: 1/32 WNW Sopwith Triplane or ?  (Read 303 times)

Offline Petie2nd

1/32 WNW Sopwith Triplane or ?
« on: May 08, 2024, 12:20:58 PM »
I haven't been very active in here for a very long time, for various reasons. I was saddened to hear of Dave's passing. He did an incredible job of keeping the Forum going in the spirit that Des intended. I am sure that Brad and the other moderators will continue in the spirit that they created.

This post is a bit of a placeholder,as well as a test to try uploading photos from Flickr. Here is the current state of the kit:

DSC05341 by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

DSC05345 by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

I guess it works! The 5 bags are sealed. On the sprue that isn't bagged, I had cut one pair of engine side panels off the tree. I had wanted to check an idea I had about modifying the inspection panels on both Pups and Tripes, but never did anything with it.

I have the Pheon decals. I have decided I would like to do Flt. Lt C.D. Booker's "Maud", N5482. I will use some of the Pheon markings, but never really cared for the original zig-zag stripes. My idea of this particular Tripe changed the first time I saw this book cover, and the profile inside:

DSC05352a by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

DSC05350a by Richard Hicks, on Flickr

I also have the HGW full set for the Triplane, but did not get it in the photos.

All that said, I need to try to complete a project that is very personal to me. I had planned to build a particular subject for many years, but only recently found out about a new conversion set that would actually make it much simpler. It is my own memorial tribute to my late father. This is why the Tripe (or something else, hence the "?" in the title) has to wait for a bit.

I will keep checking in to follow all of your tributes to Dave and this great community that Des built. I hope I will get a chance to join in with my humble efforts.

Pete

Offline NigelR

Re: 1/32 WNW Sopwith Triplane or ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 07:05:14 PM »
Good choice, and it's a great reason to get back into being active on here.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 12:31:22 AM »
Great choice. I am sure Dave would love this one.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline AngryJazz

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 08:56:23 PM »
Im very excited for this one! Will be a lovely build  :)
//Ben