Author Topic: Jasta 17 and Jasta 30 decal sets announced  (Read 4312 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

Re: Jasta 17 and Jasta 30 decal sets announced
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
Hello Eric,

We have received your order, many thanks for that. There should have been an automatic response to verify safe receipt... Sabine is checking why you didn't get yours.

Rowan

I didn't get an email order acknowledgement either Rowan when I ordered yesterday - Peter Harrison, one each both sets. Is your new website supposed to issue an email acknowledgement or just an on screen message?

Also enquired about collecting at Telford?

All the best
P

Hello Peter,

You should have a reply now and Sabine has found and fixed the auto reply error, so all should now be working as intended.

As to the Jasta 30 book, it really is the best single unit history I think I've ever read. The cost of ordering it from the US is quite high, so perhaps Stefan's contact in Germany can provide it at a lower postal cost for European buyers but even direct from the US, it is worth every penny.

The next two books due from the same publisher/author team are on Jasta 23b and Jasta 5 - both promise new information on colours and markings as well as the historical side and we will be working with them to provide you with decal sets to complement the book's information at about the same time as they hit the book stalls. Let's hope that Wingnut Wings stocks of Albatros and D.VII kits can keep up.... (perhaps lay in stocks now to avoid disappointment!), I have another two D.VIIs and an Albatros kit under way in Jasta 17 and 30 schemes, in the hope of getting them done for our Telford stand - I may have to apply the decals during the show - depends how quick Ray gets the printing done!
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline James

Jasta 17 and Jasta 30 decal sets announced
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
Hello Eric,

We have received your order, many thanks for that. There should have been an automatic response to verify safe receipt... Sabine is checking why you didn't get yours.

Rowan

I didn't get an email order acknowledgement either Rowan when I ordered yesterday - Peter Harrison, one each both sets. Is your new website supposed to issue an email acknowledgement or just an on screen message?

All the best
P

Hello Peter,

You should have a reply now and Sabine has found and fixed the auto reply error, so all should now be working as intended.

As to the Jasta 30 book, it really is the best single unit history I think I've ever read. The cost of ordering it from the US is quite high, so perhaps Stefan's contact in Germany can provide it at a lower postal cost for European buyers but even direct from the US, it is worth every penny.

The next two books due from the same publisher/author team are on Jasta 23b and Jasta 5 - both promise new information on colours and markings as well as the historical side and we will be working with them to provide you with decal sets to complement the book's information at about the same time as they hit the book stalls. Let's hope that Wingnut Wings stocks of Albatros and D.VII kits can keep up.... (perhaps lay in stocks now to avoid disappointment!), I have another two D.VIIs and an Albatros kit under way in Jasta 17 and 30 schemes, in the hope of getting them done for our Telford stand - I may have to apply the decals during the show - depends how quick Ray gets the printing done!

I have to agree with Rowan about the Jasta 30 book. I also think it is the best single unit history that I have ever read as well. I highly, highly recommend it if you don't have it yet.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »
Hi Rowan,

with the forthcoming Edusard's SSW D.III release, do you plan on rescale and issuing a 1:48 decals for this plane? You alredya hav ethem in 1:32, so I decided to ask :)

best regards,
Sasho
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Hannover

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 02:07:17 AM »

All the best
P

Hello Peter,

Many thanks Rowan. Yep order acknowledgement email and response to Telford question received.

Totally agree re the Jasta 30 book. I managed to get a copy from a UK source but it turned out slightly more expensive than buying from the US so won't do that again. Look forward to the next two books and do hope we can get them from Germany if the shipping cost can be less.

P

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
Rowan;

Any word on when these sheets will be ready to pay for payment and shipment to all who have pre-ordered?
Honor Necessity

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
Well, having never seen a response to my post above, I did eventually get a shipping notice for the Jasta 17 & 30 decals and they arrived today here in Tennessee, USA. 

They are indeed superb, with the Jasta 30 markings having nice unit history with them.  Good job Rowan and Sabine.
Honor Necessity

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 09:07:37 PM »
Sorry Eric, I missed your Dec 23rd post completely.

I won't bore you and everyone else with a list of "challenges" we've had with both of these sets but suffice to say that pretty much everything that could go amiss, did so. Anyway. I'm glad that you have them finally and I hope that the end result was worth the wait.

Rowan

Leonard Cohen

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 12:27:02 AM »
Life does happen and I do understand what you mean, Rowan.  It was worth the wait.  Keep up the usual excellent standards that you have set for yourself in whatever you intend as projects going forward.
Honor Necessity

Offline jknaus

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 03:05:18 AM »
Just wondering if there are any issues with sending your decals. Been over a month and have not received anything. Sent an email on Sunday asking about them and no reply. Hope all is well.
James

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 07:07:35 AM »
Just wondering if there are any issues with sending your decals. Been over a month and have not received anything. Sent an email on Sunday asking about them and no reply. Hope all is well.
James
No email received from you since end of February. Decal postage notification sent to you on 10th this month. Sabine has replied in detail by email two hours ago. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Rowan

Leonard Cohen