Author Topic: Coming down to the wire....  (Read 2834 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Coming down to the wire....
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 11:37:40 PM »
None for me for the moment. I'll wait for a Camel and a BE 2. In the meantime, there's lots of interesting things coming out and so many projects to keep me going.

Best wishes
Nigel

I am of exactly the same mind on this as Nigel, same intentions and subjects! I do agree with Dave and Scott, a real marketing "coup" would lift Wingnut Wings (or more their customer base) out of the doldrums, something like the Ford Motors unveiling of the Mustang in 1963! Scott's mention of the Oeffag Albatross might be just the ticket, a much desired Kit that could to a large degree draw from the existing molds of their DV / DVa releases with lots of economies yet provide that unique and much needed stimulus to their market. It would, IMHO, literally fly off the shelves. This entire premise, of course, based on the assumption that they are hurting, who really knows other then Wingnuts??
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Der Phönix

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 02:30:54 AM »
Just decided to take the plunge and order a Felixstowe. It still says Free Shipping on their website so we shall see if they honor that.

Best regards,
DP

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 03:23:41 AM »
They stated free shipping will end in mid June so it will be free until then .unless they extend it once again.you know it seems to me it would have been smarter to do the increase not so close to the free shipping ending.it makes it like a two fisted bird in your face kinda. Or made the increase slightly larger and keep free shipping. Don't know. Most of their kits are just out of my price range comfort

Offline Borsos

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 04:27:57 AM »
For every WNW kit I ordered in New Zealand I paid about 20€ custom fees. And I waited 4 to 6 weeks every time until I got it. Should they actually start to send from an European delivery center now I neither will have to pay custom fees nor have to wait that long. And I cross my fingers that they won't take 20€ for a parcel sent within Europe. So maybe things even get better? I want to think positively  :)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 12:15:50 AM »
For every WNW kit I ordered in New Zealand I paid about 20€ custom fees. And I waited 4 to 6 weeks every time until I got it. Should they actually start to send from an European delivery center now I neither will have to pay custom fees nor have to wait that long. And I cross my fingers that they won't take 20€ for a parcel sent within Europe. So maybe things even get better? I want to think positively  :)
Borsos

You will still have to pay VAT, but now with added delivery charges. It'll be quicker, no doubt, but certainly will work out more expensive.

Offline Vickers

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 02:47:17 AM »
Yes, with the free shipping window closing and more kits bound to sell out I got a cumulative attack of the willies and ordered the DH.2, E-III (Late), Sopwith Pup RFC, and Bristol F.2B- and there's two more kits that I may order if I can cut some corners on more trivial matters like grocery expenses, etc.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »
OK – so I caved.

The news this morning on how the VAT and shipping might affect prices, made me finally push the button on the SE5a It's been on my 'maybe' list for quite a while now – and it is the only one of the original four I don't have. And here I thoght I was going to stay strong...

Oh well, I got the Windsock book in the bargain. Fingres crossed Swedish customs don't get wind of it.

/Mikael
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:35:57 PM by OEFFAG 153 »
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 05:06:11 AM »
OK – so I caved.

The news this morning on how the VAT and shipping might affect prices, made me finally push the button on the SE5a It's been on my 'maybe' list for quite a while now – and it is the only one of the original four I don't have. And here I thoght I was going to stay strong...

Oh well, I got the Windsock book in the bargain. Fingres crossed Swedish customs don't get wind of it.

/Mikael

In future, you should pay the UK VAT rate of 20%, because that's where the kits are being sent from. So you should save compared to the Swedish rate.

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 06:49:38 AM »
OK – so I caved.

/Mikael

In future, you should pay the UK VAT rate of 20%, because that's where the kits are being sent from. So you should save compared to the Swedish rate.

Hope so!  ;)
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 06:14:59 PM »
Just today I ordered a Pfalz DXII and a Pfalz DIIIa not only because the end of free shipping. I am afraid, that theese two icones of WWI will be sold out soon.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Derrick

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 01:08:14 AM »
A fear of a huge increase in price has made me go and buy a number of kits since the end of free shipping was announce. I ordered another Albatros OAW, Sopwith Pup, Pfalz IIIa. Also a Snipe (late), and the Junkers JI. I was always on the fence about getting the Junkers, but thanks to the Baron's topic, I decided to get it. Especially when I saw the info he had for the lozenge, now I want to make that version.  ;D

Thankfully I got a lot of overtime this week to help me pay for all this. No more Wingnut kits until something new catches my interest, and hopefully nothing out till Christmas.