Author Topic: 1:48th scale - Gotha G.V  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
1:48th scale - Gotha G.V
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:17:23 PM »
Hi all,
I was lucky enough to be able to get a very limited release of the out of production 'Hippo AZ Models' Gotha G.V.
This was possible through Richard at 'Aviattic', who somehow managed to obtain a limited batch of this model.
As usual, Richard added 'extras' to this kit, including special 'Aviattic' decals covering four marking schemes also 3D printed bombs from 'Lukgraph'.
There's also weapons from 'GasPatch' included.

The kit moulding is crisp and comprehensive and with the extras added by Richard, it should make a fine 1:48th scale model of the Gotha G.V.
I wanted this kit as a size comparison, as I'm considering moving to 1:48th scale models.
Whether I sell off my stash of 'Wingnut Wings' and other kits or whether I build them is a decision yet to be made.

However, as a size comparison, here's a shot of the 'Wingnut Wings' Gotha G.IV against the 'AZ Hippo' Gotha G.V.

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: 1:48th scale - Gotha G.V
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 09:47:35 PM »
Excellent find Mike ,

I have AZ ( hippo's ) kit in stash and it is over all not a bad kit for a limited run . Why the move the 48 scale ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Europapete

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 10:12:27 PM »
He must be running out of shelf space. Nice haul there, Mike, well done. Regards, Pete in RI

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 11:51:41 PM »
Hmmm - I'm not sure yet whether I'll move to 1:48th scale modelling.
As I said display area is always a problem, especially when you have a total of 24 built models and 52 not yet built.
Also there are many more WW1 aircraft available in 1:48th scale.
Maybe, maybe not,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.