Author Topic: WnW Fokker E.II/E.III Early (Udet's E.III 105/15)  (Read 3408 times)

Offline BigBlue

Re: WnW Fokker E.II/E.III Early (Udet's E.III 105/15)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
Dave, Lance Chris, Dave Rick and Bo, thank you all very much for your generous compliments.  I am both honored and humbled to be on the receiving end of such comments coming from such a talented group.  I was lucky to have a number of you along for the ride on my Under-Construction thread and your positive support and in many cases, direct advice, were hugely helpful to me during my build.

My sincerest thanks,

Chris

Offline sodium

• SPA48 chante et combat
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »
Superb Fokker !
Bravo !
philippe

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
Thank you very much for patiently answering all my questions. I really like what you where able to achieve. Very well done.

I doubt I will be able to come near your modelling level, if I ever will dare building my EIII.

Stefan

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
Yes, fantastic build. Though totally not my favourite aircraft but your model is truly spectacular.

And the reappearing seam lines... This is also one of the reasons I prefer to "strengthen" the seam lines by filler , i.e. a CA glue. Even if the WNW kits are famous for perfect or almost perfect fit, I have problems with making full use of it. I treat the full length of seams with CA and then, I have never had problems with breaking seams. Reappearing, sometimes in the form of depression over gaps, but this is also curable by leaving the CA a longer setting time - one day or so, to reach the final volume. Then it can be sanded.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline BigBlue

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »
Thank you very much Phillipe, Stefan and Prz.  Your comments have been sincerely appreciated (both now and along the way during the build thread.)

Chris

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »
Magnificent work, Chris. When I get around to an E.II I'd be proud if it finished up half as good as this.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Kreston

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 11:35:47 PM »
Great Eindecker...love the weathering.
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline Brez

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 06:53:23 AM »
Fabulous Fokker Chris, one of those models (and I'm seeing more and more of them here) that could be passed off as the real thing.

Tony.