Author Topic: Greetings from South Carolina  (Read 724 times)

Offline Pep111

Greetings from South Carolina
« on: February 22, 2024, 10:25:08 AM »
Hello to all. My name is Robert I am 69 years of age, been modeling since I was around ten years old, throughout the years it has been between building cars and planes. Over the years I became very interested in the two great wars. So naturally for the last twenty or so years my main focus has been on ww2 aircraft the first half and ww1 aircraft the later especially with the releases from Wingnut Wings. I am so grateful to be able to join this forum and to gain knowledge and wisdom from all the great modelers. I have 15 ww1  aircraft under my belt all in 1/32 scale, looking forward to Copper State's new releases

Offline Davos522

Re: Greetings from South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 12:19:41 PM »
Hi Robert, greetings from the frigid wastes of New England. I have an aunt in Hilton Head who bailed out of this area fifteen years ago and who always asks what the temperature is up here… and then laughs when I tell her. Anyway, welcome to the best forum on the web, for my money. A more helpful and supportive bunch of folks you couldn’t ask for.

Dutch

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 08:39:07 AM »
Welcome Robert! Please feel free to share some of your past builds, and I'm excited to see your CSMs!
Zac in NZ

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 08:46:45 AM »
Welcome Robert from another Robert.
Enjoy!

Bob the Rob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 10:02:16 AM »
   Welcome to the Forum Robert. Don't hesitate to share your Builds as Zac suggests, I know we all enjoy sharing our stuff and there's always inspiration and ideas exchanged as a result!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Pep111

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 10:04:52 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. I would love to share some of the builds now, if I can just figure out how to get the pictures uploaded.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 03:30:51 PM »
I would love to share some of the builds now, if I can just figure out how to get the pictures uploaded.
We all seem to have our own personal preference as to how that's done! I for one am a fan of the hosting website Flickr, others choose PostImage (a helpful tutorial is here on the forum). There's also the ability to attach photos directly to your post: when creating a new post or reply click on "Attachments and other options" below the message box and look for "Attach".

Hopefully this helps so you're able to share some of your work with us  :) We have a dedicated board for Completed Models, and if you have any non-WW1 aircraft subjects they're always welcome in The World of Scale Models.
Zac in NZ

Online RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 03:57:49 AM »
Welcome from the NC. Mountains.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Pep111

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 08:39:49 AM »
Thank you RAG111, I'm just over the border from the N.C mountains. Beautiful country for sure. Robert

Offline djuggie

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 01:50:16 AM »
Robert,

Greeting from the middle of California from another long time builder.  I starting building when plastic was still new and so was I.  But alas, plastic has aged better than I have.  Plastic doesn't wrinkle.

As stated in the comments, we would love to see some of your completed builds.  We get shakey if we don't see new models on a fixed schedule.  It's what keep us going.

You will find a lot of information here on WNW and other companies  and 1/32nd is the scale of choice for many in our group.  My knowledge of 1/32nd is limited but any questions you may have in 1/32nd will be swiftly and expertly answered.

Again, welcome to the group.

Dennis