Author Topic: Apologies for not being around much lately  (Read 897 times)

Offline Epeeman

Apologies for not being around much lately
« on: June 11, 2015, 02:19:02 AM »
Dear all,

Some of you may have noticed (and I am very conscience of the fact) I have not really been contributing much to this forum.   

This is not a reflection of this great forum Des runs, but more to do with personal issues on my part.   I've already contacted Des personally recently, but thought I would post this as a general note to all.

Basically, I have been experiencing some serious work issues since January 2014 which have not yet improved.  This has put both me and my wife under a fair bit of stress.   Therefore, I have not had my mind where it should be at present - hence my not being around much.   I do pop in and have a look from time to time and will try and make a more conscious effort to take part in any blog discussions going forward.   Also, my WW1 modelling mojo has dried up a bit so have been building some 1/24 scale WW2 aircraft given to me by a close friend on this forum.   I've completed one (the Hurricane) and have made a start on the BF 109E kit.

Once this has been completed I intend to have another crack at the Roden 1/32 Spad VII (French markings) so will post up in due course.

Look forward to being back in full (and in better circumstances/better frame of mind) once things hopefully settle down personally for me.

Very best regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Apologies for not being around much lately
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 02:31:27 AM »
I wish you the very best, Dave.  You have been sorely missed.  It's always a pleasure to hear from you, mate,  and I hope you'll soon get your job situation sorted and all that WWII nonsense out of your system and get back here where you belong.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:03:50 AM »
Would love to see what you have done with those 1:24 Kits. Building those huge kits are favorite adolescent memories and I still have and old boxing of the Spit on my shelf, as well as a newer boxing of the Bf-109E (I used it as a source for a video game modeling project some years ago)...

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 03:07:36 AM »
We have been missing you sorely Dave, and we all hope that your current problems will be resolved sooner rather than later. Being distracted by serious issues such as these really can have a draining effect on the energy for modelling as I know from personal experience. In any event WW2 types are less stressful than WW1 if only because you do not have to rig them and it helps to take your mind off current problems even for a short time.

I for one am looking forward to seeing your models on this site once again - your paint finishes are something to be seen for real (as I know because I have done so), and hope that it will be sooner rather than later when we see your work again.  As Bo has suggested you could post some of your WW2 models in this part of the site - they would be well worth posting.

Stephen.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 03:47:57 AM »
It's so good to hear from you, Dave, and I sincerely hope that the serious issues to which you allude are soon resolved.

Like others, I would love to see you WWII big stuff. For my part, I too needed a short break and have just finished an Airfix Defiant with no frills. As soon as I've finished a little Gladiator I'm onto a 1/48 Taube.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 05:09:31 AM »
Hi Dave,

Here's hoping your issues are soon resolved and you feel better with your "lot".

You don't need to explain - this forum I find is welcoming whether or not you are here every day or rarely - this is one of the great aspects of the community here.

I am sure I speak for many when I say that your contributions are welcome and valued, whenever you are able to post.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 08:29:59 AM »
Dave, I certainly have missed your contributions to the site, especially your outstanding builds! That being said I totally understand your situation and am looking forward to your return in 4th gear!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
All the best to you Dave!  You will persevere, I have no doubt.  Anyone with your brush painting skills has what it takes.  I will remember you in my prayers. 

Best Regards,

Bob

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »
No explanation needed, Dave.  Take care and I look
forward to your return all refreshed.  Keep looking
in until then, my friend. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 10:54:59 PM »
Gentlemen,

Thank you all kindly for being understanding - I cannot put into words how much this sort of encouragement helps you when things are bad.

I've also discovered who my true friends are at present and this includes all here on this great forum.

Looking forward to being fully back soon.

Very best regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline IanB

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 09:13:50 AM »
As others have said, you have been missed. Take your time, there's no rush - we'll be here when things improve. Hopefully that won't be too long.

All the best,

Ian

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 06:47:22 AM »
Dave,

I sympathize. I've been through some rough patches, including "forced" retirement. It will work out in the end and your mojo will return. I've been somewhat mojo-less for a while too for other reasons, but I can sense it coming back. The Roland C.II is almost done.

Best of fortune to you and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your builds.

Michael
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 06:59:48 AM »
I hope things pick up for you soon. Its tough when work is stressful when it doesnt have to be. Take care of yourself and all the best.
James

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 08:02:29 PM »
Hello Dave,

I wish you a lot of courage in these stressy times. I really hope you will be able soon to start the SPAD VII in French markings. I am really looking forward to that! Take care my friend!

Kind regards
Patrick

WarrenD

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:46 AM »
Dave,
        I both empathize and sympathize with you pard. Been there, still there in a way. We've got your six pard, no worries. Just drop in when you feel the need.

I myself have been absent from here and most other interweb haunts lately, so don't feel bad.

Warren