Author Topic: FS 1/48th cheap  (Read 1122 times)

Offline timpivonka

FS 1/48th cheap
« on: April 19, 2013, 05:43:51 AM »
I have two 1/48th WWI kits for sale:  Roden 1/48th Bristol F2B and the Roden Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter.  $15.00 each.  CONUS only
Shipping is $8.00 for 1st kit, add $1.00 if you buy the second.
Shipping from Salina, KS 67401

Thanks for looking, Tim Pivonka

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: FS 1/48th cheap
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »
As this is an international forum it would be helpful if for sale items were available to modellers worldwide, not just the continental USA.

Nice kits and good prices, but why won't you offer them outside the CONUS?

Respectfully

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline timpivonka

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »
Dave:  It is almost cost prohibitive. .  I don't think anyone overseas would want to pay as much as it costs to ship overseas.  If I keep it conus, I can keep it reasonable.  However, if you know anyone that would take them and pay actual shipping, I would be glad to sell them.  I am posting two kits to New Zealand tomorrow (these are from a different forum) and the postage will be $20.00-$22.00.  It would be similar to ship to Australia.

Thanks for asking, Tim Pivonka

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:52:13 AM »
Hi Tim

I appreciate your remarks regarding overseas postage but you may not realise that even with those postage costs, the kits would cost less in Australia and New Zealand- sometimes significantly so- to buy from overseas than from local shops. The 1/48th Roden kits fetch over $40- $50 in the shops here, and I've seen the 1/32 Roden WW1 kits for over $90. Model kit prices in Australia and NZ are often much higher than in the USA.

Yes postage is evil, but if the kit price is very reasonable then even with the postage the overseas buyer may feel he's getting a great deal. Maybe an option is to say kits are for sale worldwide provided overseas buyers clearly appreciate they are paying for the postage ?

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »
wow that sucks it really cost $90 for a 1/32 roden kit in a local shop down under. that is pretty bad. i just bought a 1/32 roden dr.1 at a show for $30 and they regularly are on sale for say$40. actually theres a few eastern european online shops that are quite cheap on rodens kits. dont know what shipping is to the south pacific though. i guess you guys are just so far away from all the manufacturers. cept one of course the one thats been selling more 1/32 ww1 kits than anyone else . thanks be for that.