Author Topic: You Never Know Who You'll Run Into  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

You Never Know Who You'll Run Into
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:29:31 AM »
I was selling some kits at the AMPS Great White North show in Oshawa, Ontario yesterday and just to be friendly I had my name posted on a piece of paper. There I was lounging on my chair when a fellow browsing my stuff suddenly asked me if I was the Chris Johnson from this forum. That caught my interest tout suite as this was an AFV show and you don't expect to run into a WWI aviation enthusiast. After the introductions were completed, it turned out to be 'Pepperman42' and we shot the guff for the better part of the morning. Good fellow that he is, he even agreed to hold the fort while I took a quick nature break, and he didn't even ask to share in the proceeds. Granted, he's not much of a salesman, but at least he didn't give away the farm!  ;D  Just kidding!!!! Then to top it all off, and to demonstrate the top drawer kind of guy he is, he gave me his string of raffle tickets when he left. Regrettably, they didn't win anything. Honest!  :'(

That's me on the left and Pepperman42 on the right.

Thanks for dropping by! It was really good to meet you and I hope you can make the CapCon show in Ottawa this coming September.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: You Never Know Who You'll Run Into
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 01:30:08 AM »
  I'm pretty sure I scared off any potential customers!! It was great meeting Chris at this interesting show. No planes just targets but fun all the same.We both agreed that this site/forum is truly the most informative,relaxed and friendly place for like minded people. Another benefit now is I've met a true gentleman face to face. Hope to make Capcon and in the meantime, with that roll of money you have now, your buyin!!!!!

Steve     

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 01:47:57 AM »
. . . Hope to make Capcon and in the meantime, with that roll of money you have now, your buyin!!!!!

No way! I'm sellin'!! Unless of course, you're referring to lunch.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:57:08 AM »
very cool  8)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 08:08:36 AM »
Well done Chris and Stephen, it is always great when forum members get together, and congratulations Chris on the success of your sale.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:05:16 PM »
It sounds like you had a good day.

Meeting fellow forum members is one of the reasons why I enjoy going to the Telford show so much.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 04:09:12 PM »
i wish i was rich beyond what i could ever spend. i wound pay transportation and travel expenses for a yearly meeting at a different location and continent each time for whomever on this forum wanted to come. have it at a nice hotel where we could all get together and do whatever we wanted.museums,technique demos, brunch.etc.etc.

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 07:38:38 AM »
Wouldn't that be nice. And to think it would probably only cost a fraction of what conniving politicians spend to get themselves re-elected.