Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 363856 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #630 on: August 06, 2014, 03:08:44 AM »
Fill me in on the jig James. I'm interested to hear your opinion on its worth once you start using it.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #631 on: August 06, 2014, 03:48:32 AM »
Fill me in on the jig James. I'm interested to hear your opinion on its worth once you start using it.

Cheers,

Chris

Well it is a very nice rig. I'll know for sure when I do use it though how handy it is. I wasn't impressed with being charged VAT as I have never had to pay taxes outside my country before. Also for the price I paid I was more than disappointed that it was all together in a plastic bag inside a  card stock letter envelope and not in a cardboard box. As a result the base was cracked nearly in half. So without having actually used it yet and based on the price and method of delivery, I would not do it again.
James

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #632 on: August 06, 2014, 04:37:45 AM »
Not a Wingnut, but worth just as much IMHO  ;)
vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #633 on: August 07, 2014, 12:16:26 AM »

Cheers,

Chris

Well it is a very nice rig. I'll know for sure when I do use it though how handy it is. I wasn't impressed with being charged VAT as I have never had to pay taxes outside my country before. Also for the price I paid I was more than disappointed that it was all together in a plastic bag inside a  card stock letter envelope and not in a cardboard box. As a result the base was cracked nearly in half. So without having actually used it yet and based on the price and method of delivery, I would not do it again.
James

Thanks James. I think I'll pass on this then and build that 'third hand' jig seen elsewhere here. It's all I really need.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #634 on: August 08, 2014, 12:40:07 AM »
Got in more stuff for my Fokker builds. A Fokker E.I and E.IV cowling from Aviattic. I also picked up a peach basket seat and Andrew was kind enough to through in a new Nieuport 28 cowling. Got some decals and some priming cups. I also got a 3 figure set for my Salmson. Pilot, Observer, and maintainer. These are incredably nice figures full of detail and crisply molded. I also got an equally nice set of German ground crew for my refueler.
From Taurus I got a gorgeous Oberusel U.III for my Eindecker E.IV and their new muzzles for the early Spandau with and without flash suppressor. You have to see these things. I also got some more priming cups (2 piece super fine) and some other engine parts. Now its time to get to work.

I hope WNWs doesnt come out with anything new for a while as SWMBO has decided I am broke now  :'(
So let the fun begin.

James

guitarlute101

« Reply #635 on: August 08, 2014, 10:16:58 AM »

I just picked this up. this is the new version. check out how nice the wings are.

Mark

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #636 on: August 08, 2014, 12:02:59 PM »
Good one, Mark!  I've got two of the remastered kits plus their new Salmson SM.1 and they are truly amazing.  Better detail, fit, resin quality...everything.  And they've provided struts.  And improved engines.  I'm so glad these guys bought the company.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #637 on: August 08, 2014, 10:04:50 PM »
Nice one Mark  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #638 on: August 09, 2014, 03:46:49 PM »
the old aeg c.iv is a bear. mine was unbuildable, so i got a sierra scale version. now i wish i had waited for the new csm release. gonna have to get me one of those

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #639 on: August 10, 2014, 12:36:53 AM »
I have received the Fokker lozenge which was so generously offered by Richard
at Aviattic.

The lozenge is even better than I had wished for, so a big
thank you to you Richard!
Also in a weak and questionable moment, I have ordered a DH-2 from Wingnuts.
Dear me! ::) ??? ;D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Snowy

« Reply #640 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »
Looks good Ernie! Good choice on the DH-2.

I received my WNW Bristol Fighter yesterday and noticed a 2" puncture wound in the package. Oh dear! As I opened it I'm wondering if it punctured the kit box itself and if it did what damage might there be to the contents. Whatever it was had passed through the underside of the kit box and had pushed into the decal sheet. Fortunately, it only dented but did not tear the paper carrier but not any of the decals themselves. A near miss.

Edit: Got home to find an Aviattic envelope in the mail. Thank you Richard!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:44:43 PM by Snowy »

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #641 on: August 12, 2014, 12:11:50 PM »
jknaus, where did you get the Nieuport 28 from? I'd really like to get one of those!!

Thanks,
Mike

Offline Adam

« Reply #642 on: August 12, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »
Soon I will start work on the Fokker D.VII (OAW) from the WNW.
To paint the propeller and wood well  I bought this set.  ;D

Adam.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #643 on: August 12, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
These two kits arrived today from NZ, I will be starting the DFW build first.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #644 on: August 12, 2014, 10:54:23 PM »
Been a while since you tackled a Kit, Des. I'm sure you'll find lots of ways to add to the challenges ???; I'm looking forward to following your progress.
Cheers,
Lance