Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 363791 times)

Offline Epeeman

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #360 on: August 23, 2013, 01:38:01 AM »
All,

My latest acquisition for my stash -

Secured on ebay for 25 quid.  The DVII I have been after for a while and the Spad will replace the model that got trashed when my display cabinet collapsed last year.   Hopefully, two fun builds to come!

Regards

Dave

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:43:11 AM by Epeeman »
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

mike in calif

« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »
Well, I traded all my Arii/otaki 1/48th kits for a 1/32 F-84E. I was able to trade that for two Roden Fok. triplanes; one of each. Unless I'm mistaken, the F1 can be built as a production machine? I have a couple of Rons great cowls, and just need to add a couple more bits. 3 tripes in the stash now!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2013, 01:44:03 PM »
I've been wanting to build a Canuck Jenny for some time now and finally broke down and ordered Lone Star Models Jenny cockpit detail and his Jenny decal sheet.  Mike has revised the Jenny parts and the interior is now molded into complete fuselage halves.  A few air bubbles here and there, but otherwise very nice.

Included are a pair of beautifully cast wicker seats, which the Jenny did not use, so I will use them, and the extra pair I ordered, for Snipes, Camels, Biffs and so forth.  I've used them in the past and they are brilliant.

The decal sheet for the Jenny (separate item) is nothing short of AWESOME!  Beautifully printed with lots of US and Canadian trainer options, a bunch of barnstormers, and one of  Pershing's Mexican Punitive Expedition kites.

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2013, 01:47:14 AM »
I'll be sure to watch this build with much interest, Bud.
Hope to see more as you go.
By the way, you are right, the seats are exquisite!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:37 AM »
Lots of colourful birds on that sheet!! Which one are you planning on?

Steve

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2013, 02:43:42 AM »
I'll be sure to watch this build with much interest, Bud.
Hope to see more as you go.
By the way, you are right, the seats are exquisite!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
May be a while before I get going on this one, Ernie.  I still have the Phonix, 2 Halberstadts and a SPAD on the bench.  I'll need to clear some space first.
In 1/48 scale, I don't think you can beat Lone Star's wicker seats.  The molded in lap belts may put some folks off, but they are well done and look good once painted.  Here's one in my Aeroclub RE-8 which I have yet to finish.

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #366 on: August 28, 2013, 02:49:09 AM »
Lots of colourful birds on that sheet!! Which one are you planning on?

Steve
I want to do one of the Canucks, Steve.  Either one of the Black Cats, or "Lundy's Lane".  I sort of want to do the US Navy one, too.  And those barn stormers look like fun.  Hell, I don't know.  I may have to do more than one. ???
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2013, 04:35:18 AM »
Looks great :)  Squinting at the photos of the instructions, am I right, that you got to decide yourself about the colour in some cases? Whichever you do, it'll be impressive I know.

And surely the Jenny is a near cert for a future WNW kit? Seems to me it'd be a winner.

Mark

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2013, 04:57:18 AM »
Looks great :)  Squinting at the photos of the instructions, am I right, that you got to decide yourself about the colour in some cases? Whichever you do, it'll be impressive I know.

And surely the Jenny is a near cert for a future WNW kit? Seems to me it'd be a winner.

Mark
That's right, Mark.  In some cases, the metal panel colors are unclear.  I'll be leaning heavily on the Datafiles for this one.  If I do "Lindy's Lane", I'll change some of the decals around and add to them to more closely match the photos in the Datafile.
As for WNW doing a Jenny?  I'm not so sure.  This topic came up here before and there didn't seem to be much support for an unarmed trainer.  If WNW were to do a trainer, I believe the Avro 504K would be a more likely candidate.  A night fighter option might garner some support.
By the way, I appreciate the vote of confidence.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2013, 06:28:48 AM »
   My much anticipated Nordland Order arrived several days ago; just like Christmas around here! I had been saving for a large order for some time, my reasoning being I'd need a lot of well chosen accessories  on hand now being retired and all.........had I mentioned that previously?!?
   Looks like a lot of German subjects soon, a bunch of the W&W Lozenge, white base, upper and lower of both the 4 and 5 colour and a "whack" of Taurus Mercedes D Series parts. Then there's several of the HGW Seatbelt sets as well.

I'm most impressed with the appearance of the W&W Lozenge, the effect is stunning and it looks totally "real". I'm looking forward to trying it and will reserve final judgement until then.
   Many Thanks to Nordland and Vladimir for great service and for making "one stop shopping" available for these terrific products.
Cheers,
Lance

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:32:19 AM by lcarroll »

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2013, 10:08:59 PM »
Man, that's a ton of detailing stuff you've got there Lance. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on those spark plugs and manifold nuts when you get around to using them. What's your initial thoughts on the casting of them? Nice and clean?

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »
Man, that's a ton of detailing stuff you've got there Lance. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on those spark plugs and manifold nuts when you get around to using them. What's your initial thoughts on the casting of them? Nice and clean?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,
    They are, in a word, incredible! Very clean; I went over them with my Optivisor on and there's no flash or marks at all. The plugs are incredibly detailed for their tiny size and the valve springs defy description. This is some serious molding, I can see the "Carpet Monster" licking his chops as I write this...........very tiny bits these! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #372 on: September 09, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »

Mark
That's right, Mark.  In some cases, the metal panel colors are unclear.  I'll be leaning heavily on the Datafiles for this one.  If I do "Lindy's Lane", I'll change some of the decals around and add to them to more closely match the photos in the Datafile.
As for WNW doing a Jenny?  I'm not so sure.  This topic came up here before and there didn't seem to be much support for an unarmed trainer.  If WNW were to do a trainer, I believe the Avro 504K would be a more likely candidate.  A night fighter option might garner some support.
Cheers,
Bud

Same vote of confidence here, look fwd to your Jenny when done.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #373 on: September 15, 2013, 04:08:25 AM »

Mark
Cheers,
Bud

Ed
Thanks, Ed!  BTW, did you pick up anything new at the Nats?
Cheers,
Bud

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2013, 12:08:41 AM »
..... I appreciate the vote of confidence.
Cheers,
Bud
[/quote]

Ed
[/quote]
Thanks, Ed!  BTW, did you pick up anything new at the Nats?
Cheers,
Bud
[/quote]

Bud,

Two 3rd place awards and the news that Eduard will be getting back to 1/48 WW I kits with a couple (series ?) of SS kits and some others... ???.

ED
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.