Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 363840 times)

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2013, 01:15:43 PM »
Thanks all! Maybe what's more important is the fact that I wasn't entirely truthful with Mrs. Appropriations Committee regarding the size of the order. I feel like I'm one of the guys now!

Significant milestones in the modeller's development:

Rig your model - check
Paint wood grain with oils - check
Lie to your ol' lady about how many premium kits you just ordered -  ;)

LT

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »
You only need to compare the cost of the models to other things you could do with your time, and then your "mrs" can understand what great value these kits are.  Even building these kits full time, would probably need at least 3-4 weeks (at my pace) and much longer, say 2-3 months done in spare time. Compare the cost over the same period of time to a few rounds of golf, a couple of evenings in the pub with work colleagues, a trip to a football game etc.  Even with paints, accessories etc, this is a relatively cheap hobby!

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2013, 12:23:39 AM »
Thanks to Lindsay for making me laugh and nod knowingly to myself, and to Ian for arming me with yet another incontrovertible justification for my purchases in dealing with SWMBO! ;)  Thanks guys!  You're the best. ;D

Regards,

Bob

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2013, 02:08:00 AM »
Thanks to Lindsay for making me laugh and nod knowingly to myself, and to Ian for arming me with yet another incontrovertible justification for my purchases in dealing with SWMBO! ;)  Thanks guys!  You're the best. ;D

Regards,

Bob

Priceless! I too got a great laugh out of the foregoing. My "SWMBO" does, however, point out the fact that, at my age, drinking with Buddies or any golfing beyond once a week is too tough so it's not a well received bit of logic. Now, can anyone help me with getting the price of Moose Meat in the freezer below it's presently percieved figure of about $180 - $200 per pound?! Apparently including only the price of a bullet doesn't fall into the female "logic". ::)
Cheers All, and keep that sense of humour flowing!
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2013, 05:58:12 AM »
Latest plastic to hit the ever expanding stash is......
Oh Yes!!!!

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline drdave

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
I'm waiting for Parcelforce to deliver a DVII Fok, DV, DIII and DXII! I got Pheon sets for the 2 Pfalzs and Albatros last week, and spent dosh on Gaspatch last night.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
Got my HGW and W&W 5 colour lozenges. Interesting tone comparison. The "weave" on the W&W is very good but is it overdone? Any other opinions?

Steve

Offline Graham t

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2013, 08:33:10 PM »
Just got the 1/32 Roden Siemens Schuckert DIII & awaiting my WNW Pfalz DIIIA

Offline Graham t

« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »
I ordered six kits from WNW & they were posted on 11th December.

I've not received them.

Should I be worried?

I don't think so.  They were closed for holidays until 14/1 so will be catching up with the backlog!  I placed an order 30/12 & got an immediate acknowledgement (probably automated) & a notice of despatch a couple of days ago.  It takes then about 2-3 weeks to the UK. 

Edit:  Belay that, I see they were despatched mid Dec.  Even so I wouldn't panic just yet.  Their "free delivery" jutifiably includes slooooowest method I suspect!  Six kits?  you're obviously a wealthy man (or WERE!)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:16:25 PM by Graham t »

Offline Hannover

« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:57 AM »
I've popped the tracker number in and "not yet tracked" comes up.

I've sent 2 e-mails to WNW and no reply at all.

It's now almost 6 weeks since they were posted.

Dean, which website are you tracking them on? NZPost? Also try the same number, assuming you haven't done so, on ParcelForce http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace and see what it says. When it arrives in the UK ParcelForce will give it a UK tracking number that links to the NZ one and then you may be able to chase it assuming its in the UK.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any quereis.

Peter

Offline Hannover

« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2013, 02:14:15 AM »
Hi Dean,

The 'forwarded for export' delay is fairly standard. Even without the Christmas rush I've waited up to 5 days for a kit to leave NZ before now. The good news is NZPost and ParcelForce have exchanged information. So either the parcel is in the UK but not registered as such, it usually takes 3 to 4 days to arrive in the UK, or it hasn't left NZ yet.

Personally I'd phone ParcelForce and see if they can help Trace/Tarck it further. The delay is too long really. Should have been recorded as arrived in the UK by now. No doubt WNW will get back to you once they have caught up with things after their Christmas shutdown but all they will do is register a problem with NZPost and wait for them to investigate. Contacting PF may quicken things up.

What appears to happen on occasions is the address label in the plastic envelope on the box gets torn off so there is no delivery address so unless some one enquires it goes no where. At least with the tracking number it should be identifiable.

I used to get WNW kits shipped to my daughter in Texas, One of the first ones I bought got shipped arrived in Los Angeles OK and then sent on to Chicago, not Dallas. Next thing I knew it had been returned to NZ. Dave sorted it out and got it re-sent but that kit did three crossings of the Pacific Ocean.

Let us know how you get on. Always useful info for the next time there is a problem.

P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:17:16 AM by PDH »

Offline Hannover

« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »
OK - Parcelforce do not have the parcel, yet tracking shows it last in NZ on 20th December.

Hmmm.

Surely it flies over, rather than on a boat?!

Hmmm as you say Dean. Could be a question of weight? Did you say 6 kits. May be too heavy for Airmail? Question really for WNW and NZPost. You could may be check on the NZPost site for their cost/shipping options. Tell me which kits and I can tell you approximately the weight of all six shipped as one package.

Just interested to know why the NZ reference is trackable on the ParcelForce tracking system. I assume there's been some electronic info passed across. If that's so why can't PF tell you where the parcel is. The mysteries' of international shipping!!

P

Offline Hannover

« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2013, 02:24:50 AM »
This is the order:

32001 - 1/32 Junkers J.1   $79.00   1   $79.00
32004 - 1/32 Bristol F.2b Fighter   $79.00   1   $79.00
32006 - 1/32 Pfalz D.IIIa   $65.00   1   $65.00
32012 - 1/32 RE.8 'HARRY TATE'   $89.00   1   $89.00
32019 - 1/32 Pfalz D.XII   $65.00   1   $65.00
32022 - 1/32 Roland D.VIa   $65.00   1   $65.00

Would be surprised if that lot were too heavy for air freight?

Dean

Just weighed those 6 kits together. Total weight is 4.3 kilos with no external packaging. Total shipment must weigh around 4.5 - 4.7 kilos. Surprising how heavy they all are, particularly the J.1.

Royal Mail will only ship up to 2 kilos Airmail!! NZ Post look as if they'll ship that weight but could have been one of two services -

International Air (3-10 working days)  or  International Economy (10-25 working days)

If its coming the latter then it may still be on its way. I think you really need a response from WNW to get the full details of whats going on.

Offline Hannover

« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2013, 03:52:47 AM »
I've told Dave what Parcelforce have said, so he's going to take it up with NZ Post.

Fingers crossed!

Good news. Dave will get it sorted!

mike in calif

« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:10 AM »
Just recieved my Christmas and end of year order(s): 1 ea. Fok DVIIIs, DH-9a,2 ea. triplanes,and a decal sheet. Happy am I!!