Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 363843 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #1755 on: June 03, 2016, 07:11:47 AM »
Thanks for the offer James but I was just curious. I've admired some of the set ups on here in "Show us your Workbench" using modular components but unless I win a lottery they are out of my league! Never hurts to dream though........... ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1756 on: June 03, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »
Lance , next time your in the city have a peek in Hobby Whole Sales , seen them there for a around 30 bucks if you are interested . Not sure if they have it posted on their web site .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1757 on: June 03, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »
Terri,
    I have yet to get there but it's a must. By coincidence I received a Gift Voucher for there for my Birthday so it would be silly not to visit there next trip to the big city! Thanks for the head's up!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1758 on: June 07, 2016, 09:32:27 AM »
Lance , I was there over the weekend picking up paint and the ones they have there are Vallejo's take on them and they only had two on the shelf .

I did walk out with another Tamiya 48 Mustang and a new airbrush . iwata Neo gravity feed dual action . Very smooth trigger action and I like the three different sizes for paint . My eagle Talon I find the paint cup is to big for small jobs .  ;D I'm looking forward on using Vallejo's Model air paint with the new brush  .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1759 on: June 10, 2016, 12:05:49 AM »
   A few goodies I picked up from the Vendors Tables at the Edmonton Open Model Show two weekends back:

This to go with the Roden SPAD VIIc1 in the Stash; I don't foresee a Wingnut Wings SPAD in the near future!

In the same vein as Lukasz "cheating" with a Spitfire Mk. VIII I couldn't let this one go by, always had a soft spot for the magnificent "Yellow Wings" subjects of the 30's! It should provide a break from the CDL and PC-10 finishes, I regret not getting the P-12E in the same pile!

.....and last but not least this old classic, an aircraft I crewed for operational training 52 years ago, that makes my age slightly over 40, I think.......... :-\

Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1760 on: June 10, 2016, 12:54:31 AM »
Just out of curiosity, Lance, did you fly out of Cold Lake?

;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1761 on: June 10, 2016, 03:05:42 AM »
Just out of curiosity, Lance, did you fly out of Cold Lake?

;)

vB

"von Curious",
    I flew F-5's and CF-18's out of Cold Lake from 81 until 1990 when I took a Desk Job. I still live in Cold Lake, the jet noise keeps my morale up, and the air's still pretty clean up here! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1762 on: June 10, 2016, 03:10:06 AM »
Very nice haul of kits Lance, the Neptune brings back memories of the RAAF days.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1763 on: June 10, 2016, 03:54:06 AM »
Very nice haul of kits Lance, the Neptune brings back memories of the RAAF days.

Des.

A real mean machine with the aux. jets, Des. We used to refer to her as the one with "two turning and two burning"!  :) I'm looking forward to building the kit, have to search on-line for the Canadian Decal Set, it's no longer on the market.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jknaus

« Reply #1764 on: June 10, 2016, 04:45:29 AM »

Des.

A real mean machine with the aux. jets, Des. We used to refer to her as the one with "two turning and two burning"!  :) I'm looking forward to building the kit, have to search on-line for the Canadian Decal Set, it's no longer on the market.
Cheers,
Lance

Check here Lance. Good company. http://www.canuckmodels.com/
James

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1765 on: June 10, 2016, 05:38:21 AM »
    James, I actually tried Canuck Models at the Show in Edmonton as he was set up in the vendor's area; unfortunately his Neptune Sheet is OOP. Good news is I found them available at CanMilAir and also Flightdecs. Many Thanks!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1766 on: June 10, 2016, 06:07:31 AM »
 ;)Lance ;)

Here is my latest box of delight.
I hope I've still got a couple of marbles rolling around in my cranium when I come to build her  ;D

von B   G.IV

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1767 on: June 10, 2016, 08:48:13 AM »
von Gothafan,
   Great choice Bob, with some of the figures recently released and several already on the market you should be able to really go crazy on this Build! I suspect you are just ahead of the dreaded out of stock announcement as well. :-\
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dinor

« Reply #1768 on: June 11, 2016, 06:05:44 PM »
I lusted after the SE5a in the Hasewaga 1/8 series since I was a kid. On a recent whim I posted a 'Wanted' ad in a model forum here in Australia, for some reason I had the urge to acquire the DR1...probably because of a RC kit I am building, the fact that I like three wings ( the Sopwith Triplane is one of my all time favourites)  and linking to that.

The pricing on Ebay and other ads made me think I could only ever justify one of the series.

A fellow responded with a 'why not buy all three for a simply irresistable price' and he would thrown in the Le Rhone 110hp 1/8 kit as well.

Well here we are and I am looking forward to a busy retirement but somewhat down the track...what with these...Plastic Modeling and RC Modelling...My God..... but I know I am a lucky man.

;D Dino

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1769 on: June 11, 2016, 06:46:38 PM »
What a fantastic trio of kits Dino, a truly wonderful way to spend your retirement.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com