Author Topic: IPMS UK Scalemodelworld, Telford 10th and 11th November  (Read 5351 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

IPMS UK Scalemodelworld, Telford 10th and 11th November
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »
Well, final preparations for our trip back to the UK are well under way.

This year we will be in Hall One, opposite the main entrance and just to the side of the first "hole" to Hall Two and we will be helped out again by Jon Kunac-Tabinor - cheers, Jonners! There are three halls this year for the first time, the show just gets bigger and bigger - next year is the 300th anniversary of IPMS (well no, it's less than that but can't remember how much...) so it will no doubt be still bigger!

I hope that we get to see many of you there this year for a natter and perhaps a libation or three..... The show will see the breaking of the new release log jam and we hope that we will be picking up the following decal sets just before the show:

32nd scale:
32028 Gotha G.IV
32036 Albatros DV/Va Volume 3
32037 Albatros DV/Va Volume 4
32038 RE8s
32040 'Captured!' Volume 1
32041 Hansa-Brandenburg W29 Christiansen

48th Scale
48021 Gloster Gladiator International
48025 Gloster Gladiator RAF Vol.1
48026 Gloster Gladiator RAF Vol.2
48027 Hawker Demon Vol.1
48028 Hawker Demon Vol.2
48035 'Captured!' Volume 1

72nd Scale
72029 'Captured!' Volume 1

These will then go out to pre-order customers when we return home on or around the 19th of November. The catch up process of releasing previously announced sets will continue through December and January.

PLease note that whilst we should be able to respond to emails from the 7th to 19th November, we won't be able to send out any orders until the 19/20th.

All the best,

Rowan and Sabine
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Trackpad

Re: IPMS UK Scalemodelworld, Telford 10th and 11th November
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
Hi, Rowan,

Have a great time at Telford! Please give my regards to Sabine and John. I hope to see you all next year!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:34:01 AM »
Best of luck to you at Telford, Rowan.  Wish I could make it, but Carol and I are saving up for the 300th anniversary (IPMS's, not ours).  We've been planning a trip to the UK for two years now and I've finally convinced her that November is really a very lovely time of the year in northern Europe.  Will we be seeing the Italian Hanriots any time this year?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 04:58:25 AM »
Going to Telford would be a dream for me. Here on the other side of the world I shall have to console myself with a Vintage Aviator airshow featuring a new Sopwith Pup, a new RE8 and rumours of a new Albatros joining the TVAL collection. Lets share photos of each event!
Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:01:39 AM »
Going to Telford would be a dream for me. Here on the other side of the world I shall have to console myself with a Vintage Aviator airshow featuring a new Sopwith Pup, a new RE8 and rumours of a new Albatros joining the TVAL collection. Lets share photos of each event!
Cheers
James
Now, James, that would be a dream for me.  You're so fortunate to be so close to TVAL.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline gcn

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 05:18:56 AM »
Best of luck to you at Telford, Rowan.  Wish I could make it, but Carol and I are saving up for the 300th anniversary (IPMS's, not ours).  We've been planning a trip to the UK for two years now and I've finally convinced her that November is really a very lovely time of the year in northern Europe.  Will we be seeing the Italian Hanriots any time this year?
Cheers,
Bud

If it was me I'd be tempted to bring it a month or two earlier. September is the best month IMO then you could take in a Shuttleworth air display. Model shows are ten a penny but you could count the number of places in the world with a line up like Shuttleworth on one hand. Again all in my opinion.

Cheers
Gary

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »
Hoooooray for Alby vol 3 !!!!!!

Steve

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
Cheers,
Bud

Bud,

If you mean 2013, then keep me in mind for a visit as I'll almost certainly be there. It's a great show, and I"m sure that the extra hall now in place will make it even more so. Let the planning begin!  ;)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »
having a quick squint on line from Sabines laptop - French keyboard is driving me crackers- not due back home for a week

Great show, best yet possibly! Trust WNW to wait till my back was turned - great news on the Sopwith Tripe and yes we have good stocks of both the RNAS and French decal sets in 32nd scale- at the moment!

Lots of great conversations with other manufacturers t the show - some exciting times ahead for WWI aviation modelers and not just in the big scale, I am pleased to say!

The 1/32nd A2Zee Resin Bristol M1 is superb and we will be offering some spectacular alternative markings for it and hopefully the 48th scale Blue Max, one very soon.

Other news as and when we can release it but all in all we had a very good time.

Just a word of appreciation for the organisers - events conspired to hurl some wicked curved balls at them on the Friday prepration afternoon, but they coped superbly! Also big thanks to Jon for his help on th stand, what a top bloke!
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:57 AM »
Trust WNW to wait till my back was turned - great news on the Sopwith Tripe and yes we have good stocks of both the RNAS and French decal sets in 32nd scale- at the moment!

Super, Rowan! I sent in my order on spec about an hour ago!  ;D  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
Fantastic, Rowan!  Please put me down for a 1/48 sheet.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
Hi Rowan,

I have already ordered the new Bristol M1, how long before you will have the decal sheet for this kit, I will be very interested to see what you will be offering.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »
Fantastic, Rowan!  Please put me down for a 1/48 sheet.
Cheers,
Bud

Bud,

I think that you order the sheet from Rowan and Sabine at this email: [email protected]   
The Tripane sheet number is 32018

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Gary

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Thanks, Gary.  I've got the 1/48 scale Triplane sheet (It's brilliant, by the way.  It has 2 of Collishaw's kites. ;))  What I want now is the Bristol Bullet sheet.  I've got the Blue Max kit and I'm going to build it along side all of you doing the Alley Cat kit.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline IanB

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »
I agree about the show although as it was my first I have nothing to compare it with. It was great to meet you for a brief chat Rowan, hope the return trip goes well!

Ian