Author Topic: Hobartville Hobbies 1/72 WW1 3D-printed models  (Read 910 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Hobartville Hobbies 1/72 WW1 3D-printed models
« on: December 04, 2021, 07:00:36 AM »
Hi all,
These seem to have passed the forum by. This Australian brand has been creating accessories for Spitfires for a while but have now branched into complete kits, their first being a 1/72 Airco DH.6! Unfortunately it's out of my price range but it looks beautiful.

I just saw their latest listed on Scalemates, an Armstrong-Whitworth FK.3 in the same scale.

Unfortunately I can't figure out a way to link to the individual product pages on the Hobartville Hobbies website they're easy to find via this link. Alternatively if you use Facebook their page can be found here.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:04:14 AM by KiwiZac »
Zac in NZ

Offline enathan

Re: Hobartville Hobbies 1/72 WW1 3D-printed models
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 09:01:45 AM »
Nice! Thank you for the news.
The FK.3 is on my "not available" wishlist...
I have the old Phoenix D.H.6 vac but I might consider it too, though they are definitely not cheap at 65AUD + shipping.

Offline enathan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
Airco D.H.6 parts

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 07:53:57 AM »
These are indeed interesting, and one I have also kept a sideways eye to. He also has a facebook page under "Hobartville Hobbies" with plenty of additional photographs:

You can see that these are clearly 3D printed; though they are not bad, they will need a bit of work (but he makes no secret of that). They may not be super high quality 3D prints. but by golly, you have to tip your hat to the chap.

As time goes on I think we'll see more and more of these pop up backyard companies, especially as 3D printing technology improves.

Cheers,

BC

Offline WD

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 06:48:47 AM »
True Brad, these certainly aren't of the quality we'd expect from Eduard's or Roden's, but they sure aren't Beechnut or Merlin kits by a long shot!  ;)

Yep, those will need some work, BUT who else is going to kit these? Right, no one.

Tickled for those that are fans of these kites and dedicated to the One True Scale.

WD

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 07:06:44 AM »
And, although it's beyond our traditional scope, they have just announced a DH.50!!
Zac in NZ