Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435602 times)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2100 on: December 22, 2016, 05:11:43 AM »
From your mouth to God's ear...  Although anything they release would interest me.   ;D

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #2101 on: December 22, 2016, 10:36:58 AM »
If someone had told you in 2007 that a new company was going to release that list of WW1 subjects in IM plastic and that their kits would raise the bar for quality, would you have believed them?

We live in a true golden age for our hobby, and our niche of that hobby in particular.  Of course, like everyone else, I still want more (a Short 184 and Sopwith Baby would be lovely). It's the human condition, sadly.
  A torpedo carrying Short 184 would be marvelous, iang.... an elegant airplane. A Baby would be pretty cool too.                   -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline boggie

« Reply #2102 on: December 22, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
I'm sorry but I couldn't stop myself  :)

Hahaha. Very clever.  ;D

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2103 on: December 23, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »
Besides the Camel releases, do y'all think we might possibly get a surprise release?
I know the Camel's a popular beast, but I really was disappointed to see that six new releases announced were all one type (plus one previously-released that, truth be told, I do kinda want)! Sure I'd love a BE.2 and/or DH.4, but any sort of variety would be lovely!

I know no company exists to cater to my tastes and talents, but it was a disappointing moment. Rant over.  :-\
Zac in NZ

Offline Beto

« Reply #2104 on: December 23, 2016, 06:05:25 PM »
I can't wait for the day where there's six Fokker Dr 1 offerings......I'm not even sure if there could be that many....F1, DR1, maybe a Voss special and a Duelist with a Sopwith Triplane or Harry Tate??  Okay I'll settle for four

With only 320 Dr.1's produced, there are not so many variants. Just the F.I prototypes and the standard Dr.1

Offline zavod44

« Reply #2105 on: December 24, 2016, 01:21:22 AM »
Besides the Camel releases, do y'all think we might possibly get a surprise release?
I know the Camel's a popular beast, but I really was disappointed to see that six new releases announced were all one type (plus one previously-released that, truth be told, I do kinda want)! Sure I'd love a BE.2 and/or DH.4, but any sort of variety would be lovely!

I know no company exists to cater to my tastes and talents, but it was a disappointing moment. Rant over.  :-\

But this isn't a WNW problem, this is a problem in your mind.  I wish it was a DR 1 but I'm still excited.  Honestly If it was a BE 2 I couldn't have cared less.  Thats something that doesn't interest me in the least.  Being disappointed at something that was not released that you want is just created by you.  No one ever said this kit is being released, it has never been hinted.....We all have our favorites, and maybe in due time WNW will take care of each and everyone, but for now be excited for what we do have and the amazing job they do for us......

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2106 on: December 24, 2016, 01:29:30 AM »
Oh I don't know. F1, DR1 Oberusel, DR1 Le Rhone, Early, Late, and a USAS boxing ;)

a boxing with top wing rotting off...

Offline Monty

« Reply #2107 on: December 24, 2016, 04:34:09 AM »
... Just to add a Jasta Boelke variant Dr1 with undercarriage modifications...

I am really excited by the 6 WNW Camel releases, they are really all very different and exciting releases... just think about it, 6 releases in the last year since their last release, one every two months, no model company has ever done that in 1/32! Sure, some of them look the same, but if you study Camels carefully you will see the differences... And BTW, the Ships Camel is the real surprise. This is a totally different airframe, with different wings and a fuselage in two pieces that can be disassembled, metal tube center-section struts and different armament... a very different and desirable beastie, yes, I have walked under Culley's Camel at the IWM, I am inspired! OK, we need to wait til January, that is no hardship! Why do WNW do them all at once? Easy answer, so much more cost effective, decals all printed as one in a bunch, the moulding tooling done as a batch, the packaging and instructions all printed as one batch, the final packaging done in some Far Eastern country in one go.. a marvel of modern kit production! Thank You, Sir Peter! (Ok, RA and the Greatest Team, you deserve credit too!)
Regards,
Marc

Offline Russell

« Reply #2108 on: December 24, 2016, 08:19:21 AM »
... Just to add a Jasta Boelke variant Dr1 with undercarriage modifications...

I am really excited by the 6 WNW Camel releases, they are really all very different and exciting releases... just think about it, 6 releases in the last year since their last release, one every two months, no model company has ever done that in 1/32! Sure, some of them look the same, but if you study Camels carefully you will see the differences... And BTW, the Ships Camel is the real surprise. This is a totally different airframe, with different wings and a fuselage in two pieces that can be disassembled, metal tube center-section struts and different armament... a very different and desirable beastie, yes, I have walked under Culley's Camel at the IWM, I am inspired! OK, we need to wait til January, that is no hardship! Why do WNW do them all at once? Easy answer, so much more cost effective, decals all printed as one in a bunch, the moulding tooling done as a batch, the packaging and instructions all printed as one batch, the final packaging done in some Far Eastern country in one go.. a marvel of modern kit production! Thank You, Sir Peter! (Ok, RA and the Greatest Team, you deserve credit too!)
Regards,
Marc

Marc,

The last release was in November 2015 & the Camel won't be in modellers hands until 2017 so although I admire enthusiasm, to suggest that WNW will have effectively released a 1/32 scale kit every two months since the last release is going a bit far - especially as you say we "need to study the Camels carefully to see the differences". ;)

Regards
Russell

Offline zavod44

« Reply #2109 on: December 26, 2016, 04:40:55 AM »
Oh I don't know. F1, DR1 Oberusel, DR1 Le Rhone, Early, Late, and a USAS boxing ;)

a boxing with top wing rotting off...

Honestly I almost said that originally....

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2110 on: February 17, 2017, 08:45:15 AM »
Well with the Camel finally being released  and the Taube announced, time to re-think what we'd all like next or guess at what WNW might do.

For me: a Dolphin,  next in no particular order-- Dh-4, Sopwith 1-1/2 Stutter, Halberstadt

ps: it is fun to go back to the start of this thread and see how many guesses and out right never to be dreamed wishes (Taube -right Ssasho0 !) have come thru.

Ed
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:51:22 AM by dr 1 ace »
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2111 on: February 17, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »
Sablatnig SF.5
Friedrichshafen G.III
Voison

I can dream...
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2112 on: February 17, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »
I do not care what they release. Almost anything will be welcome. But I would finally like to lay my hands on those Camels, apparently released in late, very late, 2016... Hey, it is February 2017 already!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #2113 on: February 17, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »
Warning: repeated allegations…

Dr.1/ F.1

Wright Flyer
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Radarman

« Reply #2114 on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:42 AM »
Fokker E.V / D. VIII or Hanroit HD.1.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!