Author Topic: Aviattic pre-order  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Re: Aviattic pre-order - suspicious?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2023, 02:08:54 AM »
I know he's busy but I've been trying to do the pre order since April 3rd. Like a lot of people the cart/paypal/Aviattic failed on me so I contacted him directly. He's had my information for two days now and no invoice. If I was trying to get this project off the ground I wouldn't be ignoring the order I'm trying to place. Not that I'm doing anything special but I'm doing what I can to make this project successful.

Steve
One man band Steve.
Probably max'd out,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2023, 10:02:45 AM »
Resolved now. He had the wrong Paypal account. Hopefully he gets the sales he's looking for but it is an expensive endeavour. Fingers crossed.

Steve

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2023, 07:13:45 PM »
Hi Steve,
Glad it's sorted for you.
Like I said, Richard has the support of his family but is essentially running 'Aviattic' on his own.
Like the Ansaldo 'Balilla' release, this is a big undertaking for him.
Having built the 'Balilla', I'm sure this model will be equally impressive,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2023, 11:38:56 PM »
I'm certainly looking forward to the model as it uses all the different limited run technologies available. I hope he gets enough interest in it. I've tried to support his work the best I can. I know making your passion your business can be trying at  times and every now and then the strain shows ::)

Steve

Online macsporran

Re: Aviattic pre-order
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2023, 08:25:09 PM »
Just had the email from Aviattic asking again for pre-payment for the Pfalz, but I'm a little reluctant to pay 200GBP in full for a kit that I'm not sure is definitely being released!

My understanding still is that Richard has to have a committed number of buyers before the release is guaranteed. If he doesn't get the requisite numbers paid in full, do the pre-orderers have any guarantee that they will get their kit, (or a refund?)

Don't get me wrong, I've got the Ballila and I desperately want a Pfalz of this quality and would hand over the spondewlicks right now if the kit was available here and now, but I'm chary about handing over the wonga now for a kit that at earliest is Autumn/Winter but maybe later. God forbid but with a one-man business, what happens if an accident befalls the proprietor? Given my health problems last year, will I still be around come December??

I wish this was a standard deposit/balance pre-order where you pay say 25% non-refundable upfront, then balance on completion, which is much safer for all concerned.

I'll have to think about whether I pay now. From Richard's point of view, I wonder how many other potential customers may be thinking the same way - or is it just me, a canny Scot?
Sandy

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2023, 08:31:35 PM »
Hi Sandy,
I believe Richard has said in previous communications that if pre-orders were not enough, those who had paid for pre-orders would be refunded.
However, judging by the responses I see, many are pre-ordering, like me,

Mike

Online macsporran

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2023, 08:52:45 PM »
Thanks Mike. Having spent a lifetime in IT, much of it negotiating contracts for software yet to be written, it rankles with me that this is being done so unprofessionally.
Whether funds go into escrow allowing the manufacturer to borrow against guaranteed earnings, or where a percentage deposit   encourages more potential customers to invest safely, almost anything would be better than 'give us all your money and we'll maybe build it!'
He could have a deposit from me today, but I hesitate as it stands.
Sandy

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2023, 07:22:37 PM »
This perplexes me. Given that this whole thing seems to rest on enough orders why oh why pick this as a subject. There are plenty of types not kitted but were used operationally.

Online macsporran

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2023, 07:49:15 PM »
...why oh why pick this as a subject. There are plenty of types not kitted but were used operationally.
Hey Loopy
The Pfalz D.VIII was used operationally by several front-line Jastas as well as home-defence Kests. It's not clear how many were actually produced but 120 were ordered from Pfalz in 1918. It's combat record is not available but several notable pilots (Baumer, Auffarth, Beckman etc) were flying the D.VIII during the period when kills were claimed.
It's a very attractive front-line aircraft with a superb rate of climb although also initial problems with the SH counter-rotary engine. Lots of nice marking options.
In our survey of wanted kits a few years ago it scored very highly and most of the stronger choices have now been committed to in kit form in 1/32 (- Spad XIII, Alb OEF, Strutter, 504k.) Still outstanding maybe the Hanriot and Jenny have stronger claims but many of us covet this forthcoming release.
Sandy

PS below my 1/48 CSM resin model - can't wait for this in 1/32
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 08:22:58 PM by macsporran »

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2023, 09:46:01 PM »
Hi Sandy,
Totally agree.
There are many types not modeled yet - I'm still looking forward to the 'Star Strutter' from CSM to be progressed.
Richard at 'Aviattic' is passionate about his products as shown with the Ansaldo A.1 'Balilla'.
I think some could be but of by multi-media kits as it may present too much of a challenge.
However, no other company has taken up this particular aircraft.
Although it may not have served operationally for long (only 40 delivered I think), it's still an aircraft worthy of any collection.
Having bought the 'Balilla' under the same payment method and having built it, I know Richard will deliver a great product.
That's the sort of man he is (I've met him),

Mike

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2023, 09:25:04 AM »
Also, have you seen video of Mikael Carlson's reproduction? I went from knowing nothing about the type to wanting to fly one myself in about 3 seconds!

https://youtu.be/4J9P1mamdYA
Zac in NZ

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2023, 10:42:18 AM »
Also, have you seen video of Mikael Carlson's reproduction? I went from knowing nothing about the type to wanting to fly one myself in about 3 seconds!

https://youtu.be/4J9P1mamdYA

Yes it's an impressive reproduction and really looks the part,

Mike

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2023, 07:55:06 PM »
Now I may be wrong it's just what my references say 'operational assessment '. Now  i'll have to buy one-maybe.