Author Topic: Albatros DV.a OAW Decals 1/32?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline James

Albatros DV.a OAW Decals 1/32?
« on: December 10, 2015, 06:27:11 AM »
Does anyone know if there are any decals out there for an OAW Albatros DV.a in 1/32? SWMBO said I can get the Wingnut Albatros DV.a OAW on Friday, and not too impressed with the kit decals.

Thanks,
James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline James

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
Thanks man. Not bad. The only bummer is the photo of it had it's machine guns removed at that time. I will keep it in mind though.

Offline James

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 07:59:27 AM »
Now that's pretty cool looking....

mike in calif

Re: Albatros DV.a OAW Decals 1/32?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
Are you seeking a particular machine?

Offline James

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 02:53:22 AM »
Are you seeking a particular machine?

If you like I'll swap you the OAW kit decals for the older DVa boxing decals.

Not really a particular machine, so to speak, but either a Jasta 30 or Jasta 17 machine.

Red Baron, if we swapped decal sheets, would any of the DV.a decals work on an OAW DV.a?

Offline James

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 04:00:05 AM »
Did not know that. So, the OAW Albatros, is the same, so to speak, as a "regular" DV.a?

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 04:35:24 AM »
Wheel covers and lifting handles are different OAW from Alb. factory DVa, otherwise there's no difference AFAIK.

Offline James

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 04:49:53 AM »
OAW parts are in the original kit and vice versa; the only difference between the DVa original an DVa OAW boxing is the decal sheet.

That's awesome. If I understand you correctly one can build a "regular" DV.a from the OAW boxing?

Offline James

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 05:00:51 AM »
Awesome, my friend. So theoretically, I could do option #9 on the decal sheet from Pheon?

http://www.pheondecals.com/32037-albatros-dv-va-vol4.html

Offline James

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 06:24:09 AM »
Best news I've heard. Now, to check out Pheon for some DV.a decals.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »
Wheel covers and lifting handles are different OAW from Alb. factory DVa, otherwise there's no difference AFAIK.

yep but to be clear to James, the parts for either are in both boxings.

There are some minuscule detail differences between OAW and Johannistal built machines that aren't reflected in the kits -- engine covers are slightly different, that sort of thing.

Offline James

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 07:21:15 AM »

yep but to be clear to James, the parts for either are in both boxings.

There are some minuscule detail differences between OAW and Johannistal built machines that aren't reflected in the kits -- engine covers are slightly different, that sort of thing.

Bo, so I would be better off then just doing an OAW machine and decals for an OAW machine?

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 08:07:49 AM »
James, no, sorry if my comments added confusion. As has been said, the two D.Va boxings have 100% identical sprues. Building one version or the other, as far as WNW is concerned, involves choosing the right wheel covers and lifting handle parts. All I was saying is that if you dig a little deeper, you will find assorted small detail differences between the originals -- details that aren't reflected in the parts. I can't remember them all off hand but you can suss them out if you study the pix. A guy on the ROF forum put together sort of a spotters guide some years back.

So, bottom line, build the version that suits your fancy and the decals you have in hand :)

Offline James

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 08:13:23 AM »
James, no, sorry if my comments added confusion. As has been said, the two D.Va boxings have 100% identical sprues. Building one version or the other, as far as WNW is concerned, involves choosing the right wheel covers and lifting handle parts. All I was saying is that if you dig a little deeper, you will find assorted small detail differences between the originals -- details that aren't reflected in the parts. I can't remember them all off hand but you can suss them out if you study the pix. A guy on the ROF forum put together sort of a spotters guide some years back.

So, bottom line, build the version that suits your fancy and the decals you have in hand :)

Thanks Bo. There are a couple I like that Pheon has.