Modelers Lounge > The World of Scale Models

NAG Büssing- My first build

(1/3) > >>

Manni:
Hello,
wanted to introduce you to my first Dio. This is a Büssing 8000 S13 from Revell and the Italerie Truckers. The truck was only refined with wire, aluminum foil, etc.. The rust is real and was made by myself with a battery, salt water and a  nail. (At that time I didn't know any pigments)
The paintwork was done with body paint from the rattle can, Revell paints, water paints and oil paints.
The Dio is made of Styrodur and treated with gypsum and sand. The wooden structures are made of balsa wood and the crane, the hall and the sheet piles of electric cable ducts.
I changed the figures slightly to make them look less like American truckers.

The whole scene takes place in Scotland on Islay at a dock where used barrels for the Bruichladdich distillery are loaded.
The Büssing has found its way there as a left-hand-driver, because his German previous owner lost him in a card game on Ilay.

Bye,
Manni

Rob Hart:
Excellent result! The weathering and detail work are outstanding. The whitewall tires are a nice touch also.

Gisbod:
Outstanding Manni!

Guy

Borsos:
I feel the winds and can even taste the salty air and a good Scottish Whisky.
Best regards
Andreas

gbrivio:
Very realistic, I like every bit of building, painting and weathering in your dio. Thank you for sharing.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version