Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Great to watch your progress, the wing is phantastic!
Like to watch your masking job but would never like to try myself.
This going to be a little jewel.
Joachim
ok - I'm getting carried away with my third post - I'll stop after this.... but i have just finished this beast - which gave me the confidence to tackle the Morane-Saulnier.... from the massive to the tiny! Although you start to realise just how small the Ft was in real like - i doubt you could swing a mouse inside let alone the proverbial cat....

excuse the photos - they're just from my phone so a bit ordinary...

Hi - now I've rediscovered how to add photos I though I might post this - it was actually an earlier group build which I failed to complete, but finally finished it and dedicated it to Des (I also failed to finish the actual Des memorial build... like I said, I'm slow but sometimes I do finish things... eventually...)

ok - looks like I've worked it out! I think its the newer release? It really is a tiny plane - always loved it, even if it wasn't much fun to fly.
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: Albatross C.V/17
« Last post by Flamingo on Today at 12:47:49 AM »
"I used two types of sanding paper, attached to a sanding block to achieve a cromatic profile curvature."could you please explain, I don't understand "cromatic".
"St. Harry of Scratchbuilding" wonderful!

Will watch your progress of the fuselage when you do the rounded parts with highest interest.
Greetings Joachim
Once again you have completely blown Me away! All of that tape and a result that looks as good as a WNW kit! WOW!!
RAGIII
The result is well worth the effort, it looks gorgeous, bravo!

Cheers.

Ondra
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: Albatross C.V/17
« Last post by RAGIII on May 26, 2024, 11:56:45 PM »
Amazingly quick work. It also looks Amazing  ;D Terrific work to date!
RAGIII
It took a while, but I reckon I'll be enjoying the result long after I forgot about all the effort.
Ondra, thank you! I may need to come calling one day!  ;)

Here is the result after unmasking, polishing, and a light coat of Mr Surfacer.  Some of the ribs still need a little tweaking, but getting this far is a huge milestone.

And a quick pic with the pieces dry fitted and the wings slotted back into place. I should paint it yellow and call it a canary!  :lol:

Nice start!

Steve

Thanks Steve!
RAGIII

Great start!
What surprised me about the Nieuport is just how small it actually is compared to some of the other WW1 fighters  :)

Thanks Ben. Yes, the Nieuport is a smallish aircraft for the time!
RAGIII

Great start, Rick! I've never built one of the "New Wave" CSM kits, but I have two in the stash, the Bristol (thanks to Kensar) and the late version of the 17. Maybe after Projekt Eindecker starts winding down...

Dutch

Thanks Dutch. You won't be disappointed with the CSM kits. This is My 4th Nieuport and I still have a 90% finished Bristol Scout  ::)
RAGIII
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10