Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks Guys.
Rick - Last to be added rather than last one, I'm afraid.
There's still quite a few to build. Undoubtedly they'll see me out rather than me seeing them out!

S (holding head in shame)

TaurusModels / Re: What do you need from TaurusModels?
« Last post by guitarfool on Today at 04:27:27 PM »
All of the 1:32 scale Oberursel engines that have been out of stock.

TaurusModels / Re: What do you need from TaurusModels?
« Last post by pietro on Today at 03:32:36 PM »
Hello Taurusmodels,
   I would really like to see you produce 1/32 rocker arms & springs for the Curtis OX-5 engines.
   Thank you in advance!
   Harry Avis
Looking forward to your build!!!
Thank you very much for your generous comments, Dutch and Nigel, I really appreciate them!

I painted the barrels using Agama polishable metal pastes and added rust. I decided to experiment on the rust with a mixture of burnt and natural sienna. When the paint was just next to cured, I used a small stiff brush to stipple brick orange pigment into it. The result looks acceptable to me.

The bad news is I ran out of excuses for putting off the work on the vignette. :)

Thanks to the advice from fellow modellers I think I have finally figured out how Hyacinth got into this position, now I just have to keep studying tutorials to do this unique photo justice.

Cheers

Ondra

The World of Scale Models / Re: 1:32 Matchbox SS100 Jaguar
« Last post by pepperman42 on Today at 08:49:32 AM »
A masterful piece of miniature engineering!

Steve
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: 1:72 Roden SE5a
« Last post by RAGIII on Today at 08:19:16 AM »
That is excellent work ! I thought I was good for having done that seat back/bulkhead in 1/32nd scale. Thanks for the reality check  ::) Your 1/72nd version is awesome!
RAGIII
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: WNW Junkers D.1
« Last post by bobs_buckles on Today at 05:37:37 AM »
Thanks for the positive feedback chaps!
Onwards!

Cheers,
Bob  ;)
« Last post by Davos522 on Today at 05:20:01 AM »
Every so often I come across a post here on the forum that has a higher "Wow!" factor than average... and this is definitely one of them. Amazing work, Ian, I'm really looking forward to seeing this project standing on all four rims!

Dutch
« Last post by IanB on Today at 05:02:44 AM »
Thanks for the comments Dutch and Rick, much appreciated!

Hi all!

I may have been quiet, but the printer has been working overtime as I tried to find the right settings.

Here are the brake drums..

There was a little bit of distortion to the roundness where the supports were, but I think it's acceptable after a bit of sanding down.

Rims look good, but I foresee a lot of drilling....60 spokes on each of the 5 wheels!

I have also completed the jig, adding a support to keep the hub at the right height, and guide markings around the edge which match every 4th spoke to help get the threading right without constant recounting.

The other task now completed, which took a while but has no visible outcome as yet, was to work out the spoke numbering so I can thread them correctly. Only final threading will show whether I have got that correct or not!

That's it for now,
Thanks for looking in!

Ian
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10