Author Topic: Pheon Update – 12 April 2015  (Read 7194 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

Re: Pheon Update – 12 April 2015
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 12:05:07 AM »
Hi Rowan,
I dare not to order W12 option YET  :o,
nevertheless it seems to me that on Christensen's machine profile is missing not only a spinner. I know that for markings it does not change anything, but it shouldn't be C3MG?

8)
buzby

According to the information in German Seaplane Fighters of WWI by Jack Herris the production batch 1178 -1187 were all C2MG. C3MG's were 2023 - 2052 and 2113 - 2132 (all with the long fuselage) and that was the information I went with. The painting on the front of the D/F does not show a port m/g either. Now I note from the WNW booklet  that although 1184 had an additional gun on the port side, this was apparently not built as a C3MG but had the gun added later and this may have been done to two or three early W.12s. I have just had a close look at the photo 0064-08 in the WNW booklet and at photo 2 in the DF and it does look as if there is probably a port gun visible. It would certainly make sense for the CO to have twin forward -firing guns, but also for him to carry a radio.... so was Christiansen's  1183 fitted with both??

EDIT
I might be getting confused with the W.29 on the radio fitment, although Jack Herris' book does say that the last batch  of W.12s 2217-2236 were C2MGHFT with wireless equipment, and I suppose it could have been fitted locally as with the extra mg. The point is moot anyway, as there is no provision for radio eqpt in the kit!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:49:39 AM by rowan broadbent »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 08:28:25 AM »
Hi Rowan,

I think the 1/48th market is still going strong. I personally build in all 3 scales and have ordered many different sets from you. I have 5 Eduard Hanriots and 3 HR Model Hanriots waiting in the closet and that's after thinning out the stash! It's one of my favorite a/c. My strategy is too keep them until Mr Broadbent, the owner of the most excellent Pheon Decals range, decides to print them in either scale...... or both :) Yes, cheesy I know, but I do like the Hanriot!! As always keep up the great work.

Mike

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 11:01:57 PM »
Hi,

any news on the Felixtowe PE parts?

I'm looking forward to start my build  :D

Andrew

p.s.
take the time that you need, I'm sure that they will be great  ;D