Author Topic: WNW Felixstowes now available  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
Re: WNW Felixstowes now available
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 09:44:29 PM »
I'm still thinking if I should get one immediately or should wait for my birthday :) Decided to sell some things in order to fund a Felixstowe purchase or DH.2, Fee 2.b an a SE.5a....decisions, decisions
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 09:55:02 PM »
We all have different circumstances, some folks can afford these come what may, for others, not so. 

it is a very valid point that one can buy 3 other exceptional WNW kits for the price of the Felixstowe, and it is easier to justify spending $69-99 per model.  However assuming say a 6 month build period for the Felixstowe, month by month it isn't too bad.

I just hope it doesn't sell out before my coins jar has enough in it! 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:55:45 AM by Ian from Doncaster »

Offline The6uest

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 12:37:44 AM »
I was thinking the Felixstowes would be closer to $200 comparing it to the size of the Gotha.. at $269 I think I will only be able to get one and it won't be anytime soon.  :(
-John

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2014, 12:50:19 AM »
Wife ordered the duellist set! Love herXX I'll use Pheon decals. Seems the kit needs masking...... A lot.

I have the Pheon Decals and love them; but there are some pieces missing that can be cobbled together. Notably the number on the ammo chutes (they're shown on page 11 of WNW instructions) and some propeller markings and it looks like WNW has them based on the instruction scanes. Don't get me wrong; Pheon's markings are spot on; there is just some missing and I would probably use both sets on mine.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:19:18 AM by fredjocko »

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2014, 12:53:04 AM »
SOOOOO glad I did not pay $300+ USD for a W.29 on eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Sir Peter Santa!!!

Agree! I am amazed at some of the prices for the W.29. I usually stop around $150 and eBay keeps sending me notifications that I missed out on a deal. I don't think so.  :)  If you look at the costs for the duelist the W.29 is only $80 which is cheaper than when it originally came out.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:19:31 AM by fredjocko »

Offline janh

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2014, 05:47:14 AM »
this morning my heart skipped a beat... like the 2 previous years the surprise from my Kiwi friends had me grasping for air (i SCUBA dive). i was considering both announced versions because of the paint schemes. The combo with Christiansen's W.29 (he's considered a war criminal over here because of his actions in 1944) and the dramatic story of the actual fight pulled me to the dark side... Also i recently spoke with Alex (Uschi) who had brought his S. Camel fuselage. The heavy varnish gave it a VERY appealing Finnish which will look stunning on the Felix's body. As i already decided i wanted the late version i've spent more on scale models in one go than ever before... As i have a very busy job the next thing is when wil i ever find the time to build them. i'll be a worse hoarder than ever but Oh what a joy.

Offline Gilly

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 12:47:43 AM »
It's an interesting development.  Love the period photos for this kit.

Wish I had shares in the UK customs service, they'll want, how much to land the little dualist box?

I do believe Her Majesty's finest would require approx £45 at todays conversion rate, plus the £8 handling fee for parcel force , brings the whole enterprise for bringing one into dear old blighty around the £275 mark  :'(. I don't think I could ever justify this big outlay, but I in my head I keep hearing " you know you want to" but I will stay strong and hope for a lone W29 release in the future. In all honesty I think the felixstowe is probably beyond my capabilities.

Thanks WNW for another amazing release.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:00:23 PM by Gilly »

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »
i dont know offering the w-29 in a duellist kit with the felixstowe is only helpful for people with alot of money or really want both. i want a w-29 but have no desire for the felix. hopefully they put out the w-29 by itself soon. although the first thing i said when the w-29 came out was "damn wish it was a w-12" now that that dream has come true i dont truly need the w-29.

Offline fruibal

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 03:55:57 PM »
For the average income guy like me, who has to support a family and pay a mortgage, this kit is definitively out of my budget, and lucky those  members who  are bragging themselves about their desire to buy the duellist kit set For now I'll be happy just with the W12 as my chrismas gift!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:13:13 PM by fruibal »

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 06:19:23 PM »
For the average income guy like me, who has to support a family and pay a mortgage, this kit is definitively out of my budget, and lucky those  members who  are bragging themselves about their desire to buy the duellist kit set For now I'll be happy just with the W12 as my chrismas gift!!!

Out of mine too, as a one off purchase unless I get a bonus at work!  This is where my coins saving jar comes in.  It may take 18 months or so, but I can wait...

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 02:46:40 PM »
If anyone is interested in getting the W.29 and doesn't want the Felixstowe would you care to go in with me and buy the duelist set? Since the W.29 is going upwards of $300 USD on eBay would you be interested in buying it for $120? If you're not keen on Christiansen's plane I'll swap the decals as I have a couple of sets from the original boxing. I've built the W.29 in Norweigian and Austro-Hungarian markings so I have the others.

Thanx,
Carl

Offline ermeio

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »
Hi, Carl are you located in US or in Europe?

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 11:40:04 PM »
Hi, Carl are you located in US or in Europe?

Ermeio:

I live in the United States. But, I can ship it any where.

Thanx,
Carl