Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6  (Read 58895 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:10 AM »
Rick , I really love how the snipe is turning out . Very well done so far . Also , that really is one sharp looking Albatros !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online RAGIII

« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2014, 10:04:46 AM »
It is a great work Rick.
Martin
Thanks Martin! I appreciate your following of my build!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online RAGIII

« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2014, 10:08:32 AM »
Rick , I really love how the snipe is turning out . Very well done so far . Also , that really is one sharp looking Albatros !

Terri

Thanks Terri! I am happy with how the Snipe is coming along. The Albi seems to be fighting me but I will persevere!
RAGIII'
Here they are together:

Offline mgunns

« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2014, 02:33:59 AM »
Hi Rick:

That Albie is just too cool for words.  You have done an outstanding job ont he wood grain, and even though it is a simple scheme, the chevron really makes this a/c shine.  Where did you source the decals for the markings?

I am about where you are on my Snipe.  I did the same markings and chose to do the same scheme as you.  I like the way yours is turning out, hence the motivation for me to do mine.

Looking forward to seeing them both completed.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2014, 06:29:01 AM »
Hello, Rick -

Getting so very close to the finishing line and both these kits are really looking the business.  Looking forward to seeing the result.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Online RAGIII

« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
Hi Rick:

That Albie is just too cool for words.  You have done an outstanding job ont he wood grain, and even though it is a simple scheme, the chevron really makes this a/c shine.  Where did you source the decals for the markings?

I am about where you are on my Snipe.  I did the same markings and chose to do the same scheme as you.  I like the way yours is turning out, hence the motivation for me to do mine.

Looking forward to seeing them both completed.

Best

Mark

Mark, Thanks for the comments! I appreciate your looking in on my build!
 The only "Sourced" decals are the serial numbers which were taken from a combo of kit and Pheon. As for the Chevrons as I explained a few pages ago, I used the Profile from the Osprey JG1 book and enlarged it to match the kit. I then cut the chevrons, ( Using the one on the Flattest portion of the fuselage side),out of Post it notes, masked and sprayed. Not perfect but pretty close. The pic of the original looks as though the chevrons were just a tad rough on the edges and not all perfectly the same!
RAGIII

Hello, Rick -

Getting so very close to the finishing line and both these kits are really looking the business.  Looking forward to seeing the result.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, and yes getting close. I had a time frame in mind when I started the build and if I finish by the end of June I am on Schedule!
RAGIII

Offline radio

« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2014, 01:59:46 AM »
Both builds are exellent Rick.
Martin

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2014, 02:22:11 AM »
You're really making headway on these, Amigo, and they are both a joy to behold.  You're much further along on your dual build than I am on mine.  Will there be another in your future?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online RAGIII

« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
Both builds are exellent Rick.
Martin

Thanks yet again Martin, you are a great support to my builds!
RAGIII

You're really making headway on these, Amigo, and they are both a joy to behold.  You're much further along on your dual build than I am on mine.  Will there be another in your future?
Cheers,
Bud

Bud, Thanks for the very kind compliment! You aren't that far behind by the way! Finally, Yes another Dual build is up next. If Things go as planned my next builds will be a Roden 1/32nd Pfalz DIII and a WNW Pup. One hitch could come up though. I am expecting a 1/32nd Meteor F4 as a result of a trade I made for Most of my remaining 1/48th kits. When I have that kit in hand it may be too hard to resist  ::) Rowan is planning some 56 sq. Markings sooooo it will have a WW1 tie in but would be relegated to the Time to relax area on this forum ! By the way the Pup is my last WNW kit in the Stash. I hope things work out so that I can change that situation.
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
A Very Small Update:
All of the Ailerons have been attached to the Albatros and Snipe. I have also attached the Windscreen and Aldis site to the Snipe. Next up is a little overspraying to get things like Albie wings that should be flat and a variation in gloss and Satin on the Snipe. Finally still need to do some touch up here and there on both.
RAGIII

Offline jknaus

« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
They look gorgeous. Really nicely done. This is another Albie to tempt me.
James

Offline TomR1981

« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2014, 07:37:28 PM »
Both looking really nice Rick. I love the scheme on the Albatros, simple but effective. Although not so simple to actually mask and paint. Good job.

Tom

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »
Superb birds Rick!  Way to go! ;D

Cheers and huzzas,

ob

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2014, 09:58:04 PM »
Getting very close on finishing this Rick . Looking forward to seeing these two beauties rigged .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline radio

« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2014, 12:16:17 AM »
I love them Rick. Exellent! ;D
Martin