WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Photographing your Models

A question of Focus

<< < (2/4) > >>

RAGIII:
OK, Here is the latest. Not perfect yet by any means but I think better?
RAGIII

SE5a 027_crop by ragfokker, on Flickr

RAGIII:

--- Quote from: krow113 on February 06, 2015, 11:04:34 AM ---ya needa switch to the 'macro' setting on your camera, this is indicated by a tulip shaped icon. Depress your picture switch about halfway the camera should show a small square where the focus is aiming, wait till the square stabilize's and the press the switch fully. Try that.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I will give it a try!
RAGIII

PrzemoL:
I am afraid it is also a question of field depth. With macro photography you need a smaller aperture (f16 at least, the larger number, the smaller aperture) to achieve the field-depth, and this in turn requires longer shutter times making a tripod indispensable. Generally, it is not easy to get nice macro photos with field depth big enough using a simple camera.

uncletony:

--- Quote from: PrzemoL on February 09, 2015, 07:39:44 PM ---I am afraid it is also a question of field depth. With macro photography you a need smaller aperture (f16 at least, the larger number, the smaller aperture) to achieve the field-depth, and this in turn requires longer shutter times making a tripod indispensable. Generally, it is not easy to get nice macro photos with field depth big enough using a simple camera.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

RAGIII:
se5 014_crop by Richard Geisler, on Flickr

se5 012_crop by Richard Geisler, on Flickr

I took this a few days ago on Super Macro. I think I am getting very close to where I want to be.
RAGIII

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version