Author Topic: Pegasus Jenny 1/72  (Read 791 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Pegasus Jenny 1/72
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2024, 09:55:35 AM »
Outstanding work on your Jenny Dennis. You are turning a difficult kit into a Gem!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline djuggie

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2024, 11:59:38 AM »
April 29, 2024

The model is now complete.  With the exception of the exhausts and decals, the kit is built out of the box.  I purposely did not used any aftermarket products as I wanted the kit to look like 1985.  As you can see, there were no struts, undercarriage, or instrument panels.  All of these things had to be built from scratch.  What made this kit easy to build was decent reference material, the OLIMP instruction sheet and Blue Rider decals.  My improved building skills did not hurt.

The main mistake was the shape of the rudder.  I did not catch this error until I was applying the decals.  Since there was only one chance, I left the shape even though the decals do not fit exactly.

All in all, I enjoyed the build very much.  The rigging is .006 monofilament sewing thread laced through the # 79 holes that were drill prior to construction.

This model leaves me with six unbuilt Pegasus kits, seven if you count the Sparrowhawk.  Next up will probably be the Roland VIb.

Dennis

Offline Flamingo

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2024, 04:40:31 PM »
Nice one!

At their time the Pegasus kits were pretty good. Compare them with Merlin...

Joachim

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2024, 05:31:19 PM »
Nice!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline NigelR

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2024, 06:21:20 PM »
That looks really good. The combination of that scheme and all that rigging make for a great finished model, well done.

Offline djuggie

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2024, 09:53:17 PM »
Joachim,

Just yesterday I looked at one of my Merlin kits and was shocked at the difference.  Some Merlin kits early on were not bad. I have built a couple of them.  They got to the point where I no longer bought them.  Whereas I can make an old Pegasus kit work, I will not even try a Merlin.

Dennis

Offline DaddyO

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2024, 10:23:00 PM »
Nice one Dennis  ;D

Picked up a couple of other forgotten Pegasus kits recently, but need to finish the couple of models sitting on the workbench at the moment before starting any others (although I'm very tempted to start preparing the bits of one because it is just soooooo pretty)

Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline djuggie

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2024, 11:36:08 PM »
Paul,

Sooooo pretty, eh.  To me, that is a wide door because I think most of them are pretty.  Also, I have a shelf full of forgotten Pegasus kits that are looking for new homes.  No where near collector prices.  Who knows, I may throw in a free Merlin kit.  No, I probably shouldn't do that.  Having someone run screaming into the night is not a good idea. :-)

Dennis

Offline DaddyO

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2024, 01:41:08 AM »
Paul,

Sooooo pretty, eh.  To me, that is a wide door because I think most of them are pretty.  Also, I have a shelf full of forgotten Pegasus kits that are looking for new homes.  No where near collector prices.  Who knows, I may throw in a free Merlin kit.  No, I probably shouldn't do that.  Having someone run screaming into the night is not a good idea. :-)

Dennis

You naughty fellow tempting me with your wicked ways  ;D
(I'm sure you'll have one or two I'm after even though I've got 7 already waiting on the shelf. I hadn't realized they produced so many WW1 kits. Very pleased to get the FK8, Be2e and Halberstadt CLII which have been on my wants list for a while now. Got to love those CLII flames - like some kind of custom car special) ;)

Strangely enough even the Merlin kits can be useful; one of my current builds has wings carved from solid using a pair of old Merlin wings which were good for nothing else)

Toodlepip
Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2024, 05:19:54 AM »
Outstanding Dennis! Looks Terrific all rigged up!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler