Author Topic: Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc  (Read 987 times)

Offline gedmundson

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc
« on: November 17, 2022, 02:18:44 AM »
Inspired by Lance Carroll's build a while ago, I put together Tamiya's 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk.IXc and thoroughly enjoyed the change of pace. The model was built to depict George "Screwball" Buerling's aircraft in 1943. I realized I'd aded the wrong oil cooler intake late in the build when it was too late to change it - should have had the larger one. Since I wanted this one buttoned up to show off the nice lines of the design, I didn't bother to paint the engine. The figures are from ICM's RAF pilot set, but actually have features from earlier in the war.
Cheers,
Gary

« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 04:26:34 AM by gedmundson »

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 03:11:44 AM »
    Lovely Spitfire Gary, and the finish is very nicely done. I see you added a few details to the cockpit and that, with your usual attention detail, brings out the best in this very fine kit.  Congratulations on another exceptional piece of work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 06:06:02 AM »
Lovely work Gary!
Zac in NZ

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 06:20:41 PM »
There is never enough of watching lovely Spits... A truly very nice model, Gary!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Jorgo

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 04:07:01 AM »
A fantastically good model and excellently painted figures, Gary ! But I have not expected from you otherwise  ;)

Highest regards
Jörg

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 09:52:28 AM »
Great looking Spit!! Buttoned up is the best way to display the beautiful lines. Those ICM figures came out very nicely as well.

Steve

Offline RichieW

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 03:27:35 AM »
Ah, the irresistible grace of the Spitfire never fails to warm the heart. Especially when modelled to your usual incredible standard. It's a real beauty.

On a side note, I wonder which WW1 aircraft folks think is equivalent in terms of sheer beauty?

Richie

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 12:26:42 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the kind words - I hadn’t built a Spitfire Mk.9 since I was 12 years old....the old Monogram 1/48 kit. Always loved the shape.

On a side note, I wonder which WW1 aircraft folks think is equivalent in terms of sheer beauty?

Richie

Well to be honest, Richie I’d say the Albatros D.V has the most pleasing lines 😎
Cheers,
Gary

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 11:17:30 PM »
Very nicely done, as is all your work, Gary.  Its a shame to cover that beautiful cockpit.  I'm still amazed and impressed by your figure painting - something I am aspiring to improve for myself.