Author Topic: 1:32 Matchbox SS100 Jaguar  (Read 3303 times)

Offline IanB

Re: 1:32 Matchbox SS100 Jaguar
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2024, 04:23:19 AM »
Thanks all!

Just a quick update as I haven't been totally idle...

The inside of the rear wheel wells is now done. After a coat of flat white a little more fettling and sanding was needed but I'm now happy with it. I have no idea how accurate the fuel tank is as I have no photos. but at least the bodywork looks acceptable and fits with what I can see in pics and what I would expect to be there. ie the bodywork extends down to the chassis behind the running boards and mudguards with no change of profile.

I think that's an improvement over this:

]

I've also completed the first drafts of the brake drums.
Front

and Rear

and the wheel rims plus a jig

That's it for now. I need to run a test print of those to check that everything fits and see what, if anything, needs adjusting. I do think I may have to design a replacement front cross member to fit everything onto, but I'll know for certain once I get the test printed.

I also need to design some friction shocks as there are none in the kit.

So much for OOB!

Ian

Offline Davos522

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2024, 01:54:22 PM »
Beautiful, Ian, this is top-notch modelling. The 3D stuff is just icing on the cake!

Dutch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2024, 01:16:26 AM »
Amazing Detail Ian!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline IanB

« Reply #33 on: Today at 05:02:44 AM »
Thanks for the comments Dutch and Rick, much appreciated!

Hi all!

I may have been quiet, but the printer has been working overtime as I tried to find the right settings.

Here are the brake drums..

There was a little bit of distortion to the roundness where the supports were, but I think it's acceptable after a bit of sanding down.

Rims look good, but I foresee a lot of drilling....60 spokes on each of the 5 wheels!

I have also completed the jig, adding a support to keep the hub at the right height, and guide markings around the edge which match every 4th spoke to help get the threading right without constant recounting.

The other task now completed, which took a while but has no visible outcome as yet, was to work out the spoke numbering so I can thread them correctly. Only final threading will show whether I have got that correct or not!

That's it for now,
Thanks for looking in!

Ian

Offline Davos522

« Reply #34 on: Today at 05:20:01 AM »
Every so often I come across a post here on the forum that has a higher "Wow!" factor than average... and this is definitely one of them. Amazing work, Ian, I'm really looking forward to seeing this project standing on all four rims!

Dutch

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #35 on: Today at 08:49:32 AM »
A masterful piece of miniature engineering!

Steve