Author Topic: Greeting from Idaho  (Read 328 times)

Offline AOE4

Greeting from Idaho
« on: April 25, 2024, 04:17:28 PM »
looking forward to participating, I need all the help I can get ;D already found very useful information on my 1:32 Roden Nieuport 28c1 build
which apparently is quite a challenge.
USS DETROIT AOE4

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Re: Greeting from Idaho
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 07:18:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum AOE4! You should find us a helpful and knowledgeable bunch here!

I am sure we'd all love to see some progress pictures on your build, if you wanted to post them in the "Under Construction" board?

Cheers!

Brad C

Offline djuggie

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 09:59:52 PM »
Good Morning from Central California,

Ah, another builder of big kits.  You have come to right place for information and help.  There are large number of master builders here and as I can attest to, ready to answer any questions you may have.  1/32 is the favored scale but they let me hang around even though I build in the teeny weeny scale of 1/72.  Tell us a little about yourself, how long in the hobby, preferred models.  You know, all of that important stuff.

Dennis

Offline herbarnold99

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 05:51:30 AM »
If you're close enough to Boise, you're most welcome to join our monthly IPMS meetings. We always need more WWI subjects!

Cheers
Herb

https://www.ipmsboise.org/

Offline AOE4

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 03:54:39 PM »
thanks everyone for the welcome. a little bit about myself? USN veteran serve on USS DETROIT AOE4 77-81 6th fleet fun stuff including Iranian threats  in 79. Retired RRT. I have about a dozen builds of WW2 aircraft, armor and ships. over the past 8 years. getting better and taking on a scary Roden kit.
USS DETROIT AOE4

Offline AOE4

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 04:23:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum AOE4! You should find us a helpful and knowledgeable bunch here!

I am sure we'd all love to see some progress pictures on your build, if you wanted to post them in the "Under Construction" board?

Cheers!

Brad C
I don't know how to post pictures, I will figure that out eventually?
USS DETROIT AOE4

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 12:56:29 AM »
Welcome and enjoy!!

Steve

Offline Davos522

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 04:41:57 AM »
Welcome from New England, a nicer, more helpful bunch you won't find online. RE: posting photos, if you need help figuring it out send me a PM, or check out the tutorial I did in the "Photographing your Models" section of the forum... we're photo-addicts around here ;D

All best,

Dutch

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 03:13:13 PM »
Welcome aboard, AOE4! I hope you can figure out photos as I'd love to see your work.
Zac in NZ

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 11:37:29 PM »
Welcome to our "special place", I'm sure you'll find all the support and inspiration you could want here on the best Model Forum on the Net. Looking forward to your contributions and seeing photos of that Nieuport soon!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline AOE4

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 03:33:49 PM »
is it possible to post images from my Google Photos account? or is that not safe? thanks Davos522 for the tutorial, I am old::) hard for me to figure out things like this. I will figure it out sooner or later.
USS DETROIT AOE4