DSC_2009 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC_2020 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC_2052 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC_2083 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC_2086 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC_2096 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC_2118 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
DSC_2141 by Zac Yates, on Flickr

I hope you liked these photos and I haven't overwhelmed you!

hsmed:
That must have been a wonderful day. Wish I could have been there, but the next best thing is your pictures.

Thanks
Henning

RichieW:
Fantastic album Zac, lovely to see the exhausts of the BE2c smoking up. It looks like a fantastic day out.

Richie

kensar:
great pictures.  You're quite lucky to be able to see and experience these aircraft first hand.

KiwiZac:
All of my photos from Saturday can be found here.

Thank you for the kind words folks! I've come to realise that part of my enjoyment/philosophy with photography is sharing the experience with those who can't be there, and I hope I've done that to a degree.

--- Quote from: kensar on May 02, 2023, 09:25:49 PM ---You're quite lucky to be able to see and experience these aircraft first hand.

--- End quote ---
I was pinching myself watching the five-ship formation of two-seaters forming up because I was very aware one can't see that anywhere else on the planet. It's a special place and to have it 2.5hr drive from me is a wonderful thing. However two months from today I move to Blenheim - that other Kiwi hotbed of heritage aviation and home to the famed Omaka museum - so it'll be a little trickier to get there for the next couple of years.

The Wings Over Wairarapa airshow is to be held at Hood in late November this year and I hope to be there. The WW1 displays should be something special!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version