Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Nieuport 11, Lufbery  (Read 9701 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Eduard 1/48 Nieuport 11, Lufbery
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 02:42:14 AM »
Outstanding work CM:  I really like that scheme, would be neat if it was available in 1/32nd. 

Best

Mark
Thanks, Gunny!  I know that both Special Hobby and A-model have a Bebe in 1/32 scale and I'll bet you could get Doug Baumann to make Lufbery's monogram for you.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 02:50:25 AM »
   " Now I want to do one in CDL and Italian markings."
 Bud,
Now that would be something to behold my old friend. I do hope you'll soon share with us the fruit of your amazing talent in Italian.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Bud that'll be great!
I look forward to seeing your "Italian job"...
As far as I'll be able (and if you'll be needing it) I'll provide you with info from my files and books...
 ;)

Thanks, guys!  This one was almost Ruffo di Calabria's Ni 1685 with the skull and cross-bones and the Colt machine gun over the wing, but I didn't have the patience to work out the skull and cross-bones at the time.  Just wanted to get started so I fell back on my second choice, Lufbery's kite.  Ruffo di Calabria's will be next.  It's so cool looking, especially with that Colt.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 03:02:37 AM »
Hi Bud,
As far as Italian profiles of Ni11 are concerned, ma favour goes to N.2123 Sgt .Alvaro Leonardi 80th Squadriglia may 1917, the one with the "Fortunello"'s head
http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects/nieuport-11-bebe

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 03:07:47 AM »
I have the Academy Ni 17 1/32 and will make it the Baracca's silver plane N.2614 because he deserves at least one dedication, and the SPAD XIII is seen too many times... ;D

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 08:08:25 AM »
Hi Bud,
As far as Italian profiles of Ni11 are concerned, ma favour goes to N.2123 Sgt .Alvaro Leonardi 80th Squadriglia may 1917, the one with the "Fortunello"'s head
http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects/nieuport-11-bebe
I'd love to do that one, Andonio, but Fortunello would be even harder to hand paint than the skull and cross-bones.  If only someone would do an Italian Bebe sheet in 1/48 scale. (sigh)
Cheers,
Bud

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 11:58:23 PM »
Superb work Bud!  Great paint scheme and overall finish is excellent.  My hat is off to those of you who work in 1/48 scale, and make it look soooo good.  :)

Regards,

Bob H   

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
Hey Bud,

I have an old SPADA sheet of 1/48 Italian Bebes. It has 4 sets of markings and I only plan to use one of them. Let me know if you want to use the others.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 02:30:56 PM »
Superb work Bud!  Great paint scheme and overall finish is excellent.  My hat is off to those of you who work in 1/48 scale, and make it look soooo good.  :)

Regards,

Bob H
Thanks, Bob!  I'm really glad you like it.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
Hey Bud,

I have an old SPADA sheet of 1/48 Italian Bebes. It has 4 sets of markings and I only plan to use one of them. Let me know if you want to use the others.
Thanks, Rob!  I'd be glad to buy whatever you don't need.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 12:43:21 PM »
I'll PM you a photo of the sheet this weekend and you can see what the selection is. All of the subjects are in CDL except one that is in a dark CDL or light brown scheme.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »
Hi again Bud!  I really like your color combination on Lufbery's Bebe.  For future reference, can you tell us what brand and colors you used?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bob

Offline Siskin

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 03:08:18 PM »
Excellent model, looks just great!
 You seem to have not asked - and the colors you use? I just have to do too camouflaged Nieuport, I would like to have accurate information as possible.
 And then there's the question - border colors does not have to be spanning more clear?

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 04:02:44 PM »
Hi again Bud!  I really like your color combination on Lufbery's Bebe.  For future reference, can you tell us what brand and colors you used?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bob
Thanks, Bob!  I first saw this scheme on a Nieuport 16 in Albert Ball's markings done by Tony Sherry and fell in love with it.  When I saw Bob Pearson's color profiles in the Datafile Special, Nieuport Flyers of the Lafayette, I was sold.  The camouflage colors I used are all Misterkit:  FR08 medium brown, FR05 chestnut brown, FR11 dark green and FR12 light green.  The undersides are Model Master Modern Desert Sand and the trim is Model Master Intermediate Blue.  I'm pleased with the result and I'm delighted that you like it, too.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
Excellent model, looks just great!
 You seem to have not asked - and the colors you use? I just have to do too camouflaged Nieuport, I would like to have accurate information as possible.
 And then there's the question - border colors does not have to be spanning more clear?
Thank you so much, Siskin!  I'm glad you like it.  On the border colors, I've seen everything from aluminum to dark brown, but I went with what was in the Lafayette Datafile Special.  In the photos, the color value seems similar to the roundel blue.  Besides, I think it looks cool.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Red Leader

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
Very nice Nieuport, a very good job indeed.

Esteban
RedLeaderModels.com