Author Topic: The shelf is filling up again with fabric, wood and wire.  (Read 811 times)

Offline Umlaufmotor

The shelf is filling up again with fabric, wood and wire.
« on: November 27, 2023, 08:46:33 PM »
About 2 - 3 years ago my interest changed, away from WK1, towards WK2 history and models.

I sold some Roden- and Copper-state kits, but mainly WingnutWings and traded some others for nice WW2 models.
I traded with a WK2 modeler, who developed a sudden interest in WingnutWings models when that company announced its demise.
Among other things, this exchange also brought me a BorderModels (ex WNW) Lancaster.
An incredibly complex and great kit.
The best kit I have ever had the pleasure of holding in my hands.

Well, things change all the time in life, and so does the interest of the aforementioned WK2 model builder - mine too, by the way.
Long story short, this weekend we traded back a large portion of our kits.
Crazy - but we're both happier than before ..... although my heart bled a little when I handed over the Lancaster.

Servus
Bertl

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Offline macsporran

Re: The shelf is filling up again with fabric, wood and wire.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 02:06:06 AM »
Great to see you back with the one true obsession! Your builds are always masterclasses - so, very welcome!
Sandy

Offline Davos522

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 02:25:35 AM »
Lovely (re-)additions to your collection, Bertl! I have the Pup, Albatros, and Ninak, and would dearly love to get the others. I've been cutting & cleaning up parts from the the E.I (Early), and am continually amazed at the engineering and fidelity to detail of these WnW "kitsets". How I regret missing the boat when they were all still "in print"!

Tschüss,

Dutch

Offline NigelR

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 07:42:02 PM »
Excellent move! I sold some 1/32 stuff many years ago on here which I have now bought back from various sources.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 08:53:01 PM »
Yes, I sold a number of the bigger kits on ebay when the prices were sky high, as I thought I'd never build them, but with the recent sale at MBK I've just bought back the AEG, Alb B and others at a fraction of what I'd sold mine for. Oh dear, does that make me one of the dreaded speculators? I'd prefer just a fortunate modeller in the right place at the right time.

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 09:40:27 PM »
I feel much the same way.
I too have foolishly sold a few kits in the belief that I would never build them.
It's probably the same, over time more and more boxes accumulate with pretty pictures and beautifully molded plastic inside.
My biggest stupidity was selling the Gotha G.IV about five years ago.
Now, like you, I'm trying to buy back or trade in some kits.
It's crazy - and they say you get wiser with age, but that's not the case - the saying is just a fiction  8)

Servus
Bertl

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)