Author Topic: New Eduard SSW DIII  (Read 9868 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: New Eduard SSW DIII
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »
why not just do a versionthat includes everything instead of making you by a bunch of other things.

Online the great waldo

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »
Hi Albatros1234

Just so that they can  get as much money out the customer as possible. I work in the music buisness, in the old days you would build a guitar amp and then make a price on how much it costs after you made it. Now it's how expensive can we make the item and how little can we spend on producing it. Ie. maximum profit. No one gives a toss about quality and value for money any more, except wingnutwings I reckon Peter Jackson comes out of my era where things were properly made and built to last. Moan over!

Cheers

Andrew

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 02:09:00 AM »
I agree with everything you guys are saying, however I gotta say I'm pleased as hell that Eduard is even doing this kit at all.  It was a long struggle convincing them that we really could use a re-pop of the old kit.  That said, I'll probably use the Karaya engine and Gaspatch guns just out of spite.  Then again, part of me feels that if we don't support this kit and all it's attendant goodies, the likelihood of seeing another WWI release in the future is pretty slim.  Jeez!  Another moral dilemma in the modeling world.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 03:10:10 AM »
Hey Bud.  I'm with you on this one too.  I'll get the kit because I had a real struggle building the original so I'm glad to see a re-do on this one.  Another off putting thing are the loz decals, good thing I've got spare Micro Sculpt on hand. 
Now what Eduard needs to do is correct the Albatros undercarriage, etc. for the venerable DV/Va kit.

Gabe

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:06 AM »
Yeah, Gabe, even though the Eduard Albatros kits aren't half bad, it would be nice to see 'em upgraded to WNW level.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online the great waldo

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2014, 05:33:29 AM »
Maybe we should wait for Lukasz at Taurus models and Wojtek Fajga to make a complete model so that we can all die happy !!

Cheers

Andrew

Offline dtomko

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2014, 06:25:34 AM »
It would be nice to see an upgrade of the Albies to put them in line with the excellent Oeffag offering. In addition to the landing gear being too short, all the struts are overscale thick and the tailplane/fuselage joint is wrong. However, it would also be nice to see something new, wouldn't it?

Drew

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2014, 09:07:43 AM »
I suspect that those modelers who like the aircraft but aren't accuracy minded will be quite happy with the engine and the lozenge decals. They will most likely appreciate the value overall since the street prices for Eduard's models are very reasonable and they give you a lot of modeling value for your buck. I also like Eduard's commitment to fine detail for those of us who want to go to the effort to include that in a build. Their Brassin line is outstanding. And, like most quality details, costs more.

I don't see much to complain about. It's kind of like spending more to upgrade one of my Wingnut Wings engines with one of the Taurus resin kits or parts. It's a choice, and modeling companies are definitely in business to make a profit, and, yes, I suspect Wingnuts Wings is too.

Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2014, 01:33:40 PM »
i agree eindecker, i just kinda meant why doesnt eduard do a version with all the brassin goodies in one box then a weekend edition, instead its like they are doing a profipack which is minus decent engine and guns. it seems as if they deliberately oversimplified the engine detail to make it unsatisfactory and force you to buy the upgraded motor. idk, i am sure i will buy it all. weve been emailing and posting requests for years and they are finally doing something about it. i will support them.

Offline Berman

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »
 The reason the Eduard D.V/D.Va rear fuselage is off is because they decided to share the same D.III horizontal stabilizer with these kits. Also wheels too small and Mercedes engine 3mm too short.
  I will buy the new Siemens Schuckert to encourage Eduard to continue its "new" WWI line of kits. I am also planning to get the new 1/48 Siemens Schuckert glider torpedo bomb from Grey Matter Figures.  tim@greymatterfigures  for more info.

Offline robvd

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »
I just received the Siemens  i for one is very pleased with it of course ther will be some points that could be better but i am very happy with it maybe a new engine and guns and that is it for me.

What resin engine do you recommend I will add the guns from Master models unless ther are better examples.

:)

Offline rlrimell

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2014, 07:07:17 AM »
Hi Guys,

Great to see this new  SSW from Eduard although I expected it to be on a par with their previous WWI efforts like the Camel, OEF, Bristol
etc., and it's rather a shame that it isn't. The wing rib detail is surprisingly heavy-we know they can do this sort of thing so much better. The indication is that a SSW D.IV will follow-no surprise there; still it's a nice change to see some new 1:48 scale kits these days.

Cheers,

Ray R.

Offline RobStewart

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »
Hi,

I just ordered mine.  The overtrees version of the kit, the Brassin guns and engine, which come with all the PE I'd need anyway.

Don't need the full kit, as I can do without the PE, and I expect Pheon decals any day now, along with some Gaspatch turnbuckles.

I got my bunny fighter discount and the Halloween discount, so I think my order was just over $33 plus shipping.

Now for the Lozenge!

Rob.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2014, 05:12:44 PM »
i just checked and to get the profipack,brassin guns and engine shipped its $83.85, thats a wnw kit. i m still going to get it eventually just didnt figure it would add up that much.

Offline jeff shreve

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2014, 04:02:04 AM »
Just happy to see Eduard release a WWI subject. Looks pretty good to me. Have 2 on order. Are the guns incorrect ?  The pictures of the parts on the sprue don't look that bad to me for molded parts. Have the flash surpressor evident and have pe barrels and sights.

Eduard also looks like the Dr.1 is being issued in weekend form with MvR makings in Dec.