Author Topic: Seen at Telford  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Seen at Telford
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 08:50:43 AM »
Many thanks Nigel. Found the Model Show images and they are outstanding, what a motivation for WW1 modellers around the planet!

Enormous kudos to the WW1 Sig folk for their brilliant and thoughtful display- spectacular and well displayed.

Thanks to the kindness of Nigel all of us can enjoy the visual delights of Telford.

Telford's on my bucket list but my wilting credit card says not yet because it knows what I'm like in a vendor room!

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 11:07:17 AM »
2015 is going to be an awesome year for you folks !

Thanks for taking the time on posting  8)

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 06:47:01 PM »
Can I just thank you all and say that you are welcome. I just have the good fortune to be able to get to Telford, whereas, for example, I'm hugely indebted to those who post photos taken at museums and airshows around the world.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
Thank you so much, Nigel. Great job!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
Great job Nigel:

I like the Eiffel Tower.  I am going to have to scope out their website as well.
Thanks for posting

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

mike in calif

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »
Yes, Thank you much for the great pics, and reporting from the show. So much to see.

Offline DaveM

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
Thanks for posting Nigel,I forgot my camera in my excitement to get to the show.Some amazing stuff on display,didn't make the comp area,just didn't have the time,so thanks again for your other pictures.I got to speak to the guy on the card ships stand,yes he is German,from near Lubeck,and astonishingly,those railings are laser cut card!!!He was also telling me that a customer of his also makes his own railings from scratch out of stiff card!

Dave.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »
Ernie, Mark, Mike and Dave, thank you all for your kind words.

Mark, you'll have to let us know what you make of the Aerobase website. There is so much there beside their mighty Eiffel Tower.

You're right Dave about the amazing stuff at Telford. There's almost too much to take in  and I frequently found myself asking which of the three halls I was in or how to get back to certain stands - even with the show guide. I saw on display the gorgeous new book of Albatros profiles (I can't remember the artists name but have seen mention of it here on the forum) and completely forgot to take any photos or to ask if it was published and for sale. 

You've now blown my mind telling me that the Bismarck etc railing was laser cut card and that someone also makes his own from stiff card.

It was also reassuring though that amongst the many works of art on display, there was also lots to see in the branch displays etc made by mere mortals like ourselves.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »
I saw on display the gorgeous new book of Albatros profiles (I can't remember the artists name but have seen mention of it here on the forum) and completely forgot to take any photos or to ask if it was published and for sale. 

The book is by forum member Dave Douglass (aka BLOWHARD) it is due early next year I believe

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Albatros-Fighter-Aircraft-Wwi-Spotlight/dp/8363678570
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:32:12 PM by Bo »

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 03:07:14 AM »
Thanks Bo

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 04:14:31 AM »
The book can already be ordered via Jadar Hobby in Poland.

Stefan

Offline mgunns

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »
Hello Nigel:

I scoped out the Aerobase Website, lots of stuff, but it all seems so small.  They have two sizes of Eiffel tower.  That would make a neat conversation piece in the living room.

Best
Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 07:30:57 AM »
Indeed Mark. What did you make of the strip down Fokker Dr.I ?

Stefan, Bo, I cannot speak too highly of the Albatros profiles I saw from Dave Douglass. Sorry I missed them from my original report.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 07:37:44 AM »
Indeed Mark. What did you make of the strip down Fokker Dr.I ?

Stefan, Bo, I cannot speak too highly of the Albatros profiles I saw from Dave Douglass.

Yeah, Dave is a super talented guy. Several years ago I was involved in a crowd sourced combat flight sim called "TargetWare" -- Dave was a skinner who invariably delivered top notch, super well researched stuff.

mike in calif

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:13 AM »
Nige,
 The strip down looks like a great idea, and would give modellers a huge burst of new ideas.