Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435702 times)

Offline zavod44

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2070 on: December 20, 2016, 06:01:53 AM »
Where does all this negativity about Wingnut's future come from? Because they didn't release a BE2 or whatever other personal favourite you might have? Those of us who work in the rather boring and austere world of business will recognise Wingnut's recent changes as clear signs that they do want a long term sustainable future and are structuring themselves accordingly. The original separate entity was very likely a 'firewall' against any potential failure back when the success of the venture was less certain; that's no longer necessary. All the hassle around integrating Wingnuts into Weta wasn't done for nothing; certainly not as a precursor to doomsday. I respectfully suggest all you nay-sayers order a model and build it! Be happy!

I know! I couldn't agree more.  If they are in trouble they would reissue all the kits that are sold out and get a massive infusion of cash into the company.  They just restructured the company from a cottage to a serious business model.  My company is doing this very thing because we are on the rise.  This is just the beginning, those of you who doubt, I would assume, are just people who love the drama, and don't much ever have a good thing to say about anything.  Or maybe you were happy when the 1/32nd scale WWI was a niche market for the few, and maybe this is unsettling for those people?  I for one am gonna sit back enjoy the holidays and wait for the great things to come from WNW and I can't wait......

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2071 on: December 20, 2016, 06:04:07 AM »
(BTW: Always trying to improve my English I already learned that "mold" is written without an "u". My dictionary explained me then, what "mould" is ... hihi, no I don't think neither that WNW would sell their "moulds"...)

Hey Borsos, you were right first time, "mould" is correct English for WNW`s moulds, "mold" is correct American. Take your pick.
:)

Oh silly me... I was thinking about rhizopus then. Anyway, thanks for the explanation!  ;D
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #2072 on: December 20, 2016, 06:10:52 AM »
(BTW: Always trying to improve my English I already learned that "mold" is written without an "u". My dictionary explained me then, what "mould" is ... hihi, no I don't think neither that WNW would sell their "moulds"...)

Hey Borsos, you were right first time, "mould" is correct English for WNW`s moulds, "mold" is correct American. Take your pick.
:)
Fungus is mold in English English  :)

Oh silly me... I was thinking about rhizopus then. Anyway, thanks for the explanation!  ;D
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #2073 on: December 20, 2016, 06:33:42 AM »
but they have a complete disregard for giving us any insights into where they are actually going

WNW owes us nothing as to what they are going to do tomorrow or the next day! And really, why would you care so much?

Having been on the inside of this looking out (working with Aviattic on the Balilla project) it is quite obvious to me why they've adopted absolute secrecy...

Not trying to stir things up or something, but this was a quote from Macsporran, not Red Baron :)

Jeroen -$$ for only one Camel -> which to choose!??!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2074 on: December 20, 2016, 07:10:00 AM »

Not in my dictionary. Nor on the bottle of "Mould and Mildew Remover" I have in my hand at the moment. However I'm sure either spelling gets the meaning across :)

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #2075 on: December 20, 2016, 11:22:24 AM »

Not in my dictionary. Nor on the bottle of "Mould and Mildew Remover" I have in my hand at the moment. However I'm sure either spelling gets the meaning across :)
Damn so for the last 63 years I've been rong. ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 02:11:39 PM by TobyCoulson »

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2076 on: December 20, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »

Not trying to stir things up or something, but this was a quote from Macsporran, not Red Baron :)

yes -- oops, sloppy editing on my part. Apologies to Justin.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2077 on: December 20, 2016, 06:00:37 PM »
Where does all this negativity about Wingnut's future come from? Because they didn't release a BE2 or whatever other personal favourite you might have? Those of us who work in the rather boring and austere world of business will recognise Wingnut's recent changes as clear signs that they do want a long term sustainable future and are structuring themselves accordingly. The original separate entity was very likely a 'firewall' against any potential failure back when the success of the venture was less certain; that's no longer necessary. All the hassle around integrating Wingnuts into Weta wasn't done for nothing; certainly not as a precursor to doomsday. I respectfully suggest all you nay-sayers order a model and build it! Be happy!

+1
Common sense prevails.
vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline rlrimell

« Reply #2078 on: December 20, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
Amen

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #2079 on: December 20, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
They are to be commended. Quality over quantity prevails imgo

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #2080 on: December 21, 2016, 05:04:57 AM »

+1
Common sense prevails.
vB
   +2
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline dinor

« Reply #2081 on: December 21, 2016, 05:36:41 AM »

+1
Common sense prevails.
vB
   +2

+3

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2082 on: December 21, 2016, 08:22:18 AM »

+1
Common sense prevails.
vB
   +2

+3

+4

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #2083 on: December 21, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »

+1
Common sense prevails.
vB
   +2

+3

+4

Ed

I'm Brian!!!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles