Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
It's still looking good!
I am quite looking forward to the oils.
/F

Thanks Fredrik!
RAGIII

Well spotted on the ejector pin marks, it's worth fixing. Although how will we be able to see in through that panel once you have built it.....? ;)

I'm amazed you can manage to paint the streaking on the lower wing with the middle one in place.....

The inside of that panel will be visible only if one looks at the Model from the underside by lifting it up  ::)  Good observation about the streaking being difficult with the lower wing in place. The fuselage would be the most difficult by the way. The answer is it is just fitted in place and not glued  8)

RAGIII
Completed models / Re: Fokker V23 (A first scratchbuilt)
« Last post by macsporran on Today at 01:58:48 AM »
Just caught this one, Paul. What a great subject, well realised too.
Lovely work.
Sandy
Under Construction / Re: Pegasus 1/72 Roland VIb
« Last post by DaddyO on Today at 01:47:47 AM »
Coming along nicely Dennis (I know how long it takes to get the interior all hollowed out and ready to start work on - always seems to be wasted time, but it'll pay off in the end.

I know I've got several sheets of the Pegasus lozenge decals so if you're struggling with them drop me a pm

Paul
Polish Power
Here's an interesting article on a seldom-reported subject - the birth of Polish military aviation and the involvement of private funding from the then-still-neutral United States.  "The first independent units of the Polish Air Force, in service to the re-emerging Polish sovereign state, were... formed in 1917, before World War I had come to an end. When the Russian Revolution began and the tsardom gradually lost control of the country, Polish pilots took advantage of the chaos and formed spontaneous aerial units in areas of present-day Belarus, south Ukraine, and by the Kuban river.  Up until that point Polish pilots had only flown as members of Russian, German or Austro-Hungarian militaries.  The first known air force units in service to the re-emerging Polish state were: I Polski Oddział Awiacyjny (1st Polish Aviation Squad) in Minsk formed on 19 June 1917, the 1st and 2nd Aviation Units of the 2nd Corps, the aerial fleet of the 4th Rifle Division, as well as the Samodzielny Polski Oddział Awiacyjny (Independent Polish Aviation Squad) in Odesa."
(from the Oklahoma City Times, 18 May 1917):

Under Construction / Re: Pegasus 1/72 Roland VIb
« Last post by WD on May 18, 2024, 11:09:16 PM »
Dennis,
           Don't feel bad about your compressor lasting twenty years. I spent a chunk of change on a compressor with a tank, put it in the hobby cave, used it maybe a dozen times, and it died on me. Wrote the dealer, and because it was over a year (I'm a slow modeler!) no warranty.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I hope you can save the decals. If not, I hear folks love the Aviattic lozenge. I have some saved back, but haven't used them yet. I might have some of the Americal-Gryphon lozenge I can send you if the Pegasus lozenge can't be saved. Come to think of it, I may have some Pegasus lozenge saved back if you're game.

Warren
Completed models / Re: Fokker V23 (A first scratchbuilt)
« Last post by DaddyO on May 18, 2024, 09:22:26 PM »
Thanks Gary  ;D
Wow, that does indeed look amazing.
Well spotted on the ejector pin marks, it's worth fixing. Although how will we be able to see in through that panel once you have built it.....? ;)

I'm amazed you can manage to paint the streaking on the lower wing with the middle one in place.....
The David Wilson Memorial Group Build 2024 / Re: Fokker Dr1 1/24th scale: Jasta 11
« Last post by FAf on May 18, 2024, 03:17:33 PM »
It's still looking good!
I am quite looking forward to the oils.
/F
Wow, this looks amazing. Incredible how scale modelling limits keep being pushed. Brilliant!

Cheers

Ondra
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10