Author Topic: Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Flashback/Toko 1/72nd scale,43 squadron RFC. Revell DR1  (Read 6970 times)

Online RAGIII

Pushing forward nicely Rick .  :)

Alexis

Thanks for commenting Alexis!
RAGIII

Certainly making good progress with both Rick. Is the Dr 1 there ready to shoot them down when they are finished?

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. Hopefully their will be No Aerial Combat after completion....if they get to that point  ;D
RAGIII

One of those would look awesome with floats Rick !  ;)

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=3631.0

Stephen , that is way the Fokker is there for  ;)

Alexis

That is very cool but I think I will stay away from complicating these builds  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline FAf

Good work Rick! Smoke and mirrors may be what you say, but it still comes together as if by magic... even in this scale.
/Fredrik

Offline RichieW

Good work Rick, I see they've managed to out turn the Focker and get on his tail. Is this how the age of the monoplane started?  ;)

Online RAGIII

Good work Rick! Smoke and mirrors may be what you say, but it still comes together as if by magic... even in this scale.
/Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik!
RAGIII

Good work Rick, I see they've managed to out turn the Focker and get on his tail. Is this how the age of the monoplane started?  ;)

Thanks Richie. A little progress today. I painted the upper surfaces using Drooling Bulldog PC 10 ( Yellow). I really like the drying qualities and smoothness of this paint! Too bad it didn't work out to be a viable business  :(
RAGIII

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Looking really good Rick!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Looking good Rick  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline WD

Looking great Rick!  I too was sorely disappointed that Drooling Bulldog didn't last as he sure had some colors I wanted pretty badly.

WD

Online RAGIII

Looking really good Rick!

Thanks Brad! They won't be one of your Masterpieces but I am having fun so far  ;D They really are quite basic OOB builds.
RAGIII

Looking good Rick  :)

Alexis

Thanks  Alexis!
RAGIII

Looking great Rick!  I too was sorely disappointed that Drooling Bulldog didn't last as he sure had some colors I wanted pretty badly.

WD

Thanks Warren. I have Truly gained a new respect for those that seriously Model in 1/72nd  8) I will need to try and  PM   Ondra and see if His friend still does limited special orders for Drooling Bulldog.

RAGIII

Offline RichieW

Looking very, very good Rick. Love that PC10 colour, it looks absolutely spot on to me.

Richie

Bughunter

Nice PC10 two seater! Not only the color shade, also the surface of the wings looks nice.
One of the bigger Sopwith aircraft?

Cheers,
Frank

Online RAGIII

Nice PC10 two seater! Not only the color shade, also the surface of the wings looks nice.
One of the bigger Sopwith aircraft?

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank. I have decided that these will be My only "Wild Hair" venture into 1/72nd. They are just too small. Trying to add and finish the details on the DR1 pointed this out in a Huge way! That being siad, Years later I am finally finished with the DR1:

RAGIII

Offline DaveB

Fast progress, here Rick!

Starting to come together nicely.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline lone modeller

The paint certainly looks the correct shade Rick. A real shame that you will not continue to build in the True Scale though.

Stephen.

Offline Monty

Such neat work, Rick! Good looking Dr.1! You are making 1/72 look easy, but I have to confess that after picking up an old 1/72 half completed kit recently, I know why I abandoned it! Regards, Marc

Offline FAf

Great looking Triplane!
/Fredrik