Author Topic: Tout sang qui coule est rouge  (Read 4025 times)

Offline xan

Re: Tout sang qui coule est rouge
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2024, 06:21:33 PM »
Sorry Andonio I forgotten the pics.
Of course I have nothing new about his planes, just some document about his life
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline xan

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2024, 06:43:13 PM »
Before the war Bullard escape from USA and its Segregation.
I saw i is young time his father beaten by the KKK and really went to France as a freedom land for him.
I started a boxer carrier:

and opened a boxe training center

When war started he join the Foreign legion:

and then the 170 french infantery regiment (the same than my grand father's!).

wounded in 1916 he jointed the air army.

When Lafayette squadron was formed he wanted to join it , but diispate of what is showed on "Flying corp" moovie, he was not accepted ecause he was black.

After the war he had a cabaret in Paris where played all the amrican great jazz players.

In 1940  he joined the army again and was wonded the 18 of june 1940

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 06:49:42 PM by xan »
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline xan

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2024, 06:50:38 PM »
a video in you tube about his life (in french)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkwLXdOONo
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2024, 01:42:47 AM »
Hallo dear friends forum comrades, I apologize for not being actively present on this beautiful forum, I kept lurking from time to time...
After losing my beloved wife after 17 years of beautiful life together I struggled 1 year to get rid of that sad grief sensation building  a network of relationships with friends who helped me a lot, then I met a woman exactly one year after that tragic event and we decided to "travel" together throughout this amazing journey that is life, but she left me in September after 8 months without any specific reason or any reason I was (and still am) able to fully understand.
I invested all I had (and this was an error of mine) in this and when it ended I felt as I was thrown back to the point where it all started from...
Now I am again striving to rebuild my life (I'll be 60 in May) and again my closer friends still support me a lot, but I still feel a mesmerizing sense of loneliness that keeps me away from my workbench, kits, books and colors.
Life has been very generous to me during my life until then and sometimes I feel I am being asked to pay back what I took, so I am not complaining at all, if I look behind me I see a lot of people in definitely worst conditions...
I hope the energy I am putting in rebuilding myself will lead me to a rebirth and back to the workbench again!!
Sorry for bothering you with this but I really like this community and in some sense I felt I had to share my thoughts with you.

With love to you all

Antonio

Hi Antonio,
You've had a hard time and probably many have said that 'time heals'.
But sometimes, it can take longer we would like.
Rest assured, you will find your way again and posting here, with your 'virtual' friends will help.
Remember, a problem shared is a problem halved.
I want to see you and your model progress,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2024, 09:32:15 PM »
Thanks Mike! Thanks everybody for your (not-so-)virtual friendship