Author Topic: WNW Hansa Brandenburg W12 Fuel Tank in the upper wing  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Umlaufmotor

WNW Hansa Brandenburg W12 Fuel Tank in the upper wing
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:09:59 PM »
On page 9 in the WNW built-Instructions is a fuel line specified (kit part H28) from the top wing to the Benz motor  - it is, however, no tank or filler neck or any recesses of the ribs visible in the upper wing part on the kit.

I think this wing tank was forgotten in the mold. :(

Does anyone have good original images at hand on which the tank is to be seen? ???

In the Windsock Datafile 61 are some images included, but they are very dark and blurred. :(

Servus
Bertl

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: WNW Hansa Brandenburg W12 Fuel Tank in the upper wing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:43 PM »
I think the tank is internal, probably kept filled with pump pressure when the engine is running.

Theres a pic of 1407 on her nose  on the WNW website thats clearer than the one in the Windsock data file that shows a darker patch, maybe after some repair work on the tank or something but I found images of any external visibility of the tank otherwise, or the sling points either upto now.

I'm sure someone who knows more can nlighten us  ;)

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 02:01:12 AM »
Keith, thanks for the tip with the WNW-webside. ;)
I'll look there.
This is always a good source of original images with good resolution. I had forgotten that. ::)

Servus
Bertl

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 08:08:51 AM »
This is a good question. I dont see anything either. Not sure how you would fill the tank to tell the truth. Also I dont really see how the sling fits. Looking forward to hearing if anyone knows the answer to this.
James
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:46:06 AM by jknaus »

Online petrov27

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »
I think the tank is internal, probably kept filled with pump pressure when the engine is running.

Theres a pic of 1407 on her nose  on the WNW website thats clearer than the one in the Windsock data file that shows a darker patch, maybe after some repair work on the tank or something but I found images of any external visibility of the tank otherwise, or the sling points either upto now.

I am wondering if the darker rectangle in this pic of 1407 is actually the tank and it is airfoil shape? It is painted with the hex camo hence it looks darker than the surrounding printed fabric?
-Patrick

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
I'm thinking its a repair patch, maybe to cover when replacing or repairing the tank. To my eye it looks more like a patch of darker lozenge like that used upon the upper fuselage. My reason for thinking is on other shots where you see the upper surface of the wing however grainy it appears quite uniform in appearance.

It's open to interpretation as they say. ;D

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo