Author Topic: Wanted to buy or trade: Willi Gabriel's Fokker DVII markings from WNW 32011  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Anyone have this left over from building the first Fokker DVII (Fok) kit? Option B. Ideally this would include the cross markings for this option as well. I can offer a trade from most Pheon or WNW decal sets, also have some FCM. Also happy to buy instead of trade. Please PM me to discuss further offline.
Thanks
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Hi James, cannot help out, but Lifelike Decals 32-018 has marking options for Gabriel's VIIf.  Has orange stripes and national markings, just need to coble up a/c numbers.  Just an option if you cannot find what you are after.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Thanks Juan. Not sure about the quality of Lifelike decals, but yes that would be my Plan B
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline petrov27

Sent a PM - not sure that worked though - I should have them I just need to search tomorrow for them - will let you know

Patrick
-Patrick

Offline MarkTom

I'm going to jump on James' bandwagon with the same request. If there is anyone else who might have Gabriel's markings for the WNW Fokker....I'd really appreciate them also. Buy, sell, trade...I'm good with any or all. Due to complete buffoonery on my part, I've ruined mine. Much Thanks...drop me an email
Mark

Offline MarkTom

Yours looks beautiful!!...I was looking for the wing crosses and the Fokker work number.....the ones you already appear to have on the fuselage. Thanks though.....once again...yours looks amazing!

Offline Rob_Owens

Please correct me if I err, but aren't Life-Like decals printed by Microscale? If that's the case, one could hardly go wrong with the quality. . .

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Rob is correct, Lifelike decals are printed by Microscale and look very good.

Offline boggie

Greetings Jamo.  :)

Lifelike Decals set 32-018 includes markings for Gabriels BMW Fok DVIIF, 323/18 and are intended for WNW kit 32031. 
These markings are similar to those of his early Fok 286/18, but not the same. There are two orange stripes on a blue background aft of the fuselage cross and the stabiliser/elevator has two orange chevrons on a blue background.
The orange fuselage stripe forward of the cross appears the same on both aircraft as does the red Jasta markings.

However, if the lifelike decals may be of use to you drop me a PM and I can post them to you on Friday. (no charge)

cheers