Author Topic: High In The Empty Blue for Trade: Deal Made  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Rob_Owens

Re: High In The Empty Blue for Trade: Possile Deal Pending
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 08:16:04 AM »
To Rick & all others concerned: It was NOT my intent to suggest that Rick was trying to rip-off anyone.  Lance seemed  to be dismayed at the high prices for the book that he found on-line, and I was merely trying to point him to alternatives.
Copious apologies, Rob

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: High In The Empty Blue for Trade: Possile Deal Pending
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 11:44:55 AM »
All,
    Since my reaction and comments on the prices (elsewhere) are partially to blame for some of the misunderstandings here I feel a comment or two are appropriate.
    Firstly, the ridiculously inflated prices I found initially were on Amazon.ca; I later discovered that even with the currency exchange USD to CAD the prices on Amazon.com (in the USA) were far better. (Thanks Rob) There was a catch, the Amazon vendors would not ship outside of the continental US.
    As a result I have, on the recommendation of another good friend on this Forum, sourced and ordered the book from a Book seller on-line. Rick has made his deal, Justin`s getting the book, I`ve found another book, and we`ll all be happy ever after! Further, we`re all OK with the situation, apologies have been filed, (and I`ll add mine for inadvertently starting this mess!) and predictably were all back to our normal happy selves! That`s what I love about this Forum, we can, and often do, politely agree to disagree, but in the end respect, good manners, and noble intentions keep everything on an even keel!
Cheers, :)
Lance
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:50:55 AM by lcarroll »

Offline RAGIII

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:35:01 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler