Author Topic: Hanriot HD.9 - 1/72nd scale Roseplane kit  (Read 902 times)

Offline Stuart Malone

Hanriot HD.9 - 1/72nd scale Roseplane kit
« on: February 26, 2022, 03:28:04 PM »
Here's the next project.  Rebuilding my 1/72 Hanriot HD.9.  This kit originally started as a Roseplane vacuform kit of the Hanriot HD.3 two seater.  I converted it into the photo recon single seater.  I originally used evergreen for the struts and landing gear, which was not strong enough to begin with.  I blocked out the incident from my memory, but at some point it had an unfortunate accident.  It has been on the shelf of shame for many years.  I grabbed it off the shelf, reached for the bag of bamboo skewers and started carving.  In one evening, I scratched up struts and landing gear that turned out spot on.  It's been that 'golden moment' of modeling where everything is going right.  I really wanted to save this model as all the ribbing on the fuselage and wings was added along with the cam covers and water resevoir on the cowl.  The two camera access panels, fairing over the gunner position, and headreast were all scratched.

Stuart

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Hanriot HD.9 - 1/72nd scale Roseplane kit
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 10:49:03 PM »
Nice job on replacing the struts  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline WD

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 01:27:32 AM »
Stuart,
           Looks like it's going great. Nice to see someone using the "bamboo skewer" method I'd mentioned a few weeks back. Yes, it is quite "doable" in 1/72nd as seen here.
I don't blame you for really wanting to save this one, it's a beauty sir.

WD

Online lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 05:47:07 AM »
This one is well on the mend - it looks as though it is going to be a much quicker/easier finish than the Voisin.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 08:29:06 AM »
Excellent work on recovering a Build that was previously Doomed! Just for the record here, Your posts on Recovering former builds has been inspirational. I will soon begin one of My own Mostly from being inspired by you!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler