Author Topic: Gotha G IV WNW 1/32  (Read 21267 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Gotha G IV WNW 1/32
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 04:11:06 AM »
It's a truly lovely model Zavod, and like others, makes me want to dig out my Gotha. Your lozenge theory holds enough water for me.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 04:17:31 AM »
It's funny you say you were inspired, I was actually inspired by Jeanluc when he posted his Gotha, that's what gave me the courage to post mine...... :)

Offline mgunns

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 05:18:31 AM »
Hello Zavod:

What ever the theory, your work is truly outstanding!  The lozenge would have driven any one else mad and a lesser man would have given up or never started it.  You persevered and did an outstanding job. 

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online RAGIII

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »
Your work is just absolutely AWESOME! As others have said your patience is unbelievable, as is the skill needed to do what you have done!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline radio

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 09:54:20 AM »
Exellent.
Martin

Offline zavod44

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:39 PM »
Mini update......now the timeframe is at last September.  I had some dillusion I could get it done for the MMSI show here in Chicago.  Little did I know there was still a ton of work to do......  Anyhow I was able to do the rigging on the fuselage

I decided to give the elevators a pronounced "droop".  All the pictures of the Gothas sitting on the airfialds seem to look this way

Got the lower wings mounted, strongly suggest using tube cement for the wing attachments.....

Maybe by tomorrow I can get this build log up to date!   

Offline jeanluc maumejean

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 05:31:26 PM »
fantastic  ;) ;) ;)

Offline zavod44

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 03:37:23 PM »
Okay this update will bring us up to date.......Last weekend I just had to get something done on this model.  So I took the front interplane struts that had the rigging embedded in them, and I edge drilled them to accept the rigging lines.  The design of the Gotha is strange and this makes the rigging difficult.  Anyhow I glued the rigging lines in and I used tube cement to glue on all the interplane struts to the lower wings.   Once the glue started to set on the struts I decided it was time that the top wing went on.  I do want to mention that by this stage in the game I have drilled and attached the Gaspatch eyelets.   I also made eyelets from copper speaker wire that I put through the Gaspatch Turnbuckles.  All that had been glued on before I attached the wings. 

Here are both of the wings finally mounted and it's really looking like a Gotha now....

I would strongly suggest standing the plane up so the tail is straight up in the air, it seemed to make it easier to line up the wings to the cabane struts.  I was really scared to start mounting the upper wing, but with patience and perseverance it actually went okay.  I'm not going to say easy but it did go together.  I used superglue to attach the top wing.  I wanted an instant bond, I thought if the glue had to take a long time to set up, I might have problems.......anyhow it worked well for me.

Here you can see the rigging line in the front struts

So that was my last few years, that's the way the it sits on the bench today.  We are up to date.   I hope to get back at it tomorrow night.....

Online RAGIII

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »
Looking terrific! I see you have begun to locate the rigging lines. Should really be awesome once rigged!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »
You have done an awesome job up until now, looking forward to seeing you continue with this amazing build.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dol

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2015, 05:24:19 PM »
What a big and beautiful model ! :)

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2015, 06:50:12 PM »
Thanks for showing this history step by step. I am especially impressed with masked and airbrushed losenge. Great modelling all around!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 07:08:01 PM »
The more you show form your build, the more i am impressed. Lori2 is such a beautiful aircraft - the tarnstoff camouflage suits her very well.

I am already looking forward to your next set of updates.

Stefan

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »
Hello to all,
A king size pleasure reading your post. Fantastic !!! I like it.
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline bluemax

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2015, 07:15:06 AM »
that's a real centerpiece you have there. Very impressive mate.

Anthony